ABW Ambassador
    Can someone recommend a good antivirus? Are they all the same?

TIA,
    J

Hi Tia, I'd recommend AVG Pro or even the regular free model. I tried Trend, Symantec and others and found AVG to be the most agressive when combating the little pests that wreak havoc on us daily.

Just some ideas,
    Kevin - GO WIRELESS
    http://www.bargaincellular.net

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    AVG is cool, I think the free version is the one I have installed at home

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    I use Avast (free) on my laptop & desktop and Norton on another machine. Avast is great because it auto updates virus definitions on a daily/weekly basis. My wife did get her laptop infected though despite having Avast and a firewall on the machine. No problems on my machines despite dozens of viruses arriving daily via e-mail.

Ditto on the AVG recommendation.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Dloaded the free AVG version and it found a couple infected files but it was unable to remove them.

A friend recommended Panda, and since they have a 15% program thru CJ, I went with them. It found a few more infected files than AVG and was able to delete them with no problem.

Made the purchase this morning.. still waiting to see the credit in my CJ account btw

Javi

AVG is designed to quarantine the virus and not remove them. All you do is clean the vault and the problem solved. I tried PANDA and like me in time you will see it's lack of ability like I did, then again you may like it.. ANTI VIRUS apps are based on personal feelings toward the application, so opinions will vary..

To your success!

Kevin- GO WIRELESS
    http://www.bargaincellular.net

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread