[Split] Promoting Businesses in this sub-forum
    So....just so I understand....it IS OK to sell your services here on this thread?
    Can we use this thread to promote our businesees and try and get new customers? Just checking before I post them....thanks.

Good point, IOWNIE.

I would pm a mod/admin and see what the policy is...

ABW Ambassador
    I am not sure about the policy. May be a Mod or Michael when he comes back should clarify on this. But IMO, if you offer a service that is useful to the larger community here, you should be able to offer it once you become a valued member (ABW Ambassador) or such!. This is just my opinion!.

Perhaps - it may not be a bad idea for iNet to charge a NOMINAL fee like that "New Program Announcement" or such ...

Yeah - might need some clarification and/or some guidelines by Michael or one of the mods. My feeling is that some "bargaining" should be permitted. The Heading for this section is, after all, "Webmasters Barter / Trade / Buy or Sell."

While I do believe there should be a membership level (as RTG suggests) to post here, I know that services like what V/S is offering can be for the good for the community. (I know it has been good for me thus far.) There may (will?) come a time when I may let some un-developed domains go. I would certainly prefer to offer them here before I go over to the domainer forums.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Moderator Note: I've split this out from the Will Write Articles for 1 Cent per Word thread.

Generally, this forum is ONLY for active members. Newbies don't even have access to post a new thread or respond here.

Generally, this forum is not for businesses, but for things that are tangential to our businesses. If you're running something as a business, you should be able to pay for an ad.

When I look at whether a thread should be allowed here or not, there are three factors I look at:

1) How active is the member? The more they contribute to the forum, the more welcome they are to post here.

2) How useful will the service or product be to the community? The more useful something is, the more acceptable.

3) Is this a primary business than can (or should be able to) afford a paid ad?

To be acceptable, a post should have strong merits in all three areas.

In the case of VampireSkunk's thread, he's been an active, productive member for a long time and is offering an incredible value to other members. It's a little weak on the third point, as it appears to be taking on quite a bit more life than I think he expected, but at this point I'm going to let it continue.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; March 20th, 2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Fixed Link
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Moderator Note: I've split this out from the Will Write Articles for 1 Cent per Word thread.

In the case of VampireSkunk's thread, he's been an active, productive member for a long time and is offering an incredible value to other members. It's a little weak on the third point, as it appears to be taking on quite a bit more life than I think he expected, but at this point I'm going to let it continue.
    FYI, the link you posted above is bad...
    I removed the ip part when I quoted you, so the link on the quote works...

Thanks, sorry about that. I had created "ip.abestweb.com" in my hosts file so I could access ABW while the DNS was messed up. I fixed the link in my post.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread