I cant believe some of the outright abusive and scamming I am reading about CJ mechants here and the fact that you continue the relationship.

Does this make you people feel good?

I do not understand this.

You comment that you dont make any money but dont you think you would if you spent your time on PRODUCTIVE merchants and networks?

Do you LIKE wasting your time with this? How can a serious affiliate AFFORD all these reversals, all this free advertising, all the time spent contacting and updating and so on and so on???

This is a serious question and Im hoping for a serious answer!

I dont want to hear you dont have a choice or it doesnt matter or the other "standard excuses"

Haiko, what bout you? Youre the leader here, light a fire under these peoples butts!

ps i know that some people here DO make money at cj, and thats great, but im only speaking to those of you who have been continually used by this network and its "merchants"

[This message was edited by papasan on December 18, 2002 at 08:13 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    This is the first month the real problems have occured. I've made money with CJ for almost 3 years now.

I for one have never stuck with a merchant if I had a major suspicion that they were ripping me off.

One such merchant was BigDogs. I made money with them for several months, and then one month I had 5 reversals for Declined Credit Cards. I had never ever had a reversal for this...especially not 5 in a row over a month ...I promptly gave them the boot.

Now its Ebay. They're convicted. I immediately gave them the boot today when I saw the non-compliance reversals...which I now learn is for the last several months.

Other merchants are not reporting sales for the Christmas season. They will soon get the boot too.

Now after I've slaved to amass the numbers of people looking for their specific products, I'll be selling them for someone else.

Complaining here in the forum to me serves as a warning to others...merchants as well. For me, it's not really just to whine.

I've just recently learned about this fine gentleman Haiko, and what he stands for ...by searching around on the net. I'm all for this Boycott thing. Merchants are getting out of hand.

We've got the power to do something about it, and I'm learning so I can help do my part.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    kelly,

Hi and welcome to ABW. Glad you found the boards. Look forward to your participation and your posts.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

dang!

you know, what bothers me the most is this...

you can expect SOME merchants to behave badly, that can happen at any network,

but the blatant disregard for affiliates that cj has is disturbing!

and then all todd can say to that is that he comes here and posts... well, how does that mean that cj has any real regard for affiliates??

have you seen some of the "tone" in his posts?

i just dont get it

papasan,

Hi and welcome to ABW!

quote:
    Haiko, what bout you? Youre the leader here, light a fire under these peoples butts!

Cj and the others are good networks, however, sometimes their affiliatations are questionable.... that is where ABW comes into play ... Forcing the truth in marketing!

============
    kelly626,

Hi and welcome to ABW!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

As the adage goes...

"The Truth is Out There"

Thanks to A Best Web for helping bring much of it into the open!

Kudos to Haiko, the other administrators and active participants!

quote:
    Originally posted by wtjpm:
    As the adage goes...

"The Truth is Out There"

Thanks to A Best Web for helping bring much of it into the open!

Kudos to Haiko, the other administrators and active participants!

Now, if we could just convince affiliates that allowing merchants to beat them up isnt exactly in everyones best interest!

Maybe some folks should look at the tone of their own posts before criticizing others.

... and maybe remember that just because people sound off on a website forum doesn't always mean it's the truth.

I've seen a lot of posts about Ebay reversals - and I've had them too. Look like duplicates when I review them. I never earned the money, I don't expect to get paid it.

I've seen a lot of posts complaining about the CJ data feed, and I complained initially too. Then over a 2 day period, I've exchanged email through the standard "ask a question" and CJ have pleasantly and co-operatively provided me with a feed containing only the advertisers I want.

I (sometimes) feel sorry for these network guys who hang out here (or are given the job) and who have to behave in a business-like way when we are not very business-like in our approach.

Are you Crazy?

quote:
    and then all todd can say to that is that he comes here and posts... well, how does that mean that cj has any real regard for affiliates??

have you seen some of the "tone" in his posts?

i just dont get it

Some of that is probably due to the fact that when Todd does show up here, he gets Blasted from all sides. And, CJ always seems only too willing to send him out on point. That's bound to get to anybody, sooner or later.

I know that I've worked for companies and bosses who haven't always told me the total truth or at least haven't completely filled me in on exactly what was going on. Maybe this is the case here, Maybe it is not. Who knows for sure?

What all the blasting shows is, a Lot folks are highly upset with CJ.

For the time being, a lot of us are hoping that expressing our concerns to Todd will eventually convince CJ to take a good look at the path they are on. We are hoping (or dreaming) that they will put things back on a level playing field.

Many have urged affiliates to stop whining and start removing links. And, eventually, IF CJ remains steadfast in supporting parasitic tactics, that will have to be what happens. Some say that it is not the networks job to address this issue. That can be argued. The networks Do have the power.

I would think many affiliates are simply hesitant to start dropping merchants and links (YET), because they have been relativly satisfied with CJ in the past. And, they are hoping CJ will actually decide to Enforce the new Code of Conduct SOON.

Another reason for hesitation...how many of us have ever walked into a mall where a lot of store fronts were vacant? It not only looks bad, it offers the customer very little to choose from. It certainly makes you want to go somewhere else.

But, affiliate won't/can't wait forever.

quote:
    Originally posted by CrazyGuyâ„¢:
    Maybe some folks should look at the tone of their own posts before criticizing others.

... and maybe remember that just because people sound off on a website forum doesn't _always_ mean it's the truth.

I've seen a lot of posts about Ebay reversals - and I've had them too. Look like duplicates when I review them. I never earned the money, I don't expect to get paid it.

I've seen a lot of posts complaining about the CJ data feed, and I complained initially too. Then over a 2 day period, I've exchanged email through the standard "ask a question" and CJ have pleasantly and co-operatively provided me with a feed containing only the advertisers I want.

I (sometimes) feel sorry for these network guys who hang out here (or are given the job) and who have to behave in a business-like way when we are not very business-like in our approach.

Are you Crazy?

Hmmm, you may have something there!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread