Next Affiliate Conference
    I'm a newbie and looking to get into the affiliate marketing as an affiliate manager.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me when the next good affiliate conference is so that I can attend some classes and learn the ropes...or if anyone has any resources for a newbie

thanks

The best one out there is in NYC (this year) in August and in Las Vegas in January.
    Affiliate Summit = www.AffiliateSummit.com

They even have a mentoring program that will help introduce first-timers to the Conference experience.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Outsourced Program Manager Nathan Weinberg's Avatar
    If you can still make it to the affiliate day at SES New York, it's this Thursday. There's an affiliate even at Dave & Busters today in NYC that is for attendees as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Weinberg View Post
    There's an affiliate even at Dave & Busters today in NYC that is for attendees as well.
    I almost never call out misspellings, because hey, nobody's perfect. I make my share of mistakes, too. But when one results in a sentence that's really funny, I'll sometimes mention it

There's an affiliate, even at Dave & Busters, who is for attendees! How much does she charge??? Or is it a 'he'?
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Outsourced Program Manager Nathan Weinberg's Avatar
    I was about to correct my misspelling, but then I realized I couldn't laugh at myself if I did. Instead, I'll just go with your thread:

This affiliate, who will be there, is the most amazing affiliate you have ever met. This is more than a super affiliate, this is a Spectacular Affiliate (c)! You have to pay money to meet this affiliate, or win at Skee ball. You'll recognize this affiliate, because he/she (this affiliate is so spectacular that it is both) is 8 feet tall and glows like platinum. Which is what this affiliate pays all its bills with, since it is so rich and successful.

Now who wouldn't go?

Affiliate management is essentially a blend between account management and internet marketing. They are the two integral parts of being an affiliate manager.

Google those two terms and you will find a vast array of information.

Awesome, Nathan
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    You didn't mention if you actually did affiliate marketing as an affiliate. If you haven't, you should start there so you know what they go thru to try to market your products. The ol proverbial, take a walk in their shoes.....

I agree, BlogBonnieBlog. I'm hoping to become an affiliate manager myself and have been a reasonably successful affiliate for over a year now. I feel I'm really only getting up to speed with things now but feel I really need to know much more before I can advise other people. I guess I will always be learning, as we all will but I'm just not ready to jump yet.

Wish there was something decent to be had in Australia, if there is, there certainly doesn't seem to be much in the way of advertising for it!

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentQueen View Post
    Wish there was something decent to be had in Australia, if there is, there certainly doesn't seem to be much in the way of advertising for it!
    There's a great blog/forum from a guy in Australia. I used to follow him a few years ago. It was for Australia. I will try to look it up. It might help you out.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Thanks, would be much appreciated

Moderator Note: Self-serving post removed, AGAIN. If you want to promote your own event, buy an ad.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread