Angry Xoom No Longer Accepting Paypal
    Xoom has always been my service of choice when sending money to people outside the US who do not have paypal accounts. It makes it easy for the recipient to receive the money, and they get it within the same day, too.

But Xoom will no longer be accepting paypal as a funding source. They sent me this notice:

After March 24, Xoom Will Not Accept PayPal As a Payment Method

After Wednesday, March 24, 2010, Xoom will not accept PayPal as a payment method for money transfers. Any PayPal-funded transactions that have been placed before that time will be processed as usual.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this change in our service may cause you.

Other Payment Options

You will still be able to pay for a Xoom money transfer to <country> by using a United States bank account, debit card or credit card. Using your United States bank account is an easy, secure and low cost way to send money with Xoom.
    So this means that if I do not have the necessary balance available in my bank account or credit card but I have the money in paypal, I will have to withdraw from paypal to my bank account or credit card first, and that takes a few days.

Really inconvenient.....

How about a PayPal debit card? Wouldn't that solve the problem.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

Unfortunately, a paypal debit card is not an option for me.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Seems like you'll have to do the paypal > bank account/credit card > person route. Did they state a reason on why they're not accepting PayPal anymore?

No, they did not say why they won't accept paypal anymore. I'm waiting to see if they will bring it back as a funding option. I really hope they do.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd

Hi affilorama,

I talked to one of the XOOM Customer Service Reps and I was informed that they no longer accept non-US transactions (including PayPal). I've seen from your profile that you are from New Zealand. That must be the reason why you weren't allowed to do any transaction.

How about Western Union?

Affiliate Manager piotr klementowski's Avatar
    Hi Affilorama

I recomend Avangate , they are from Europe. I started to use their service as an alternative procesor for PayPall and everthing is OK.

And why does xoom not accept payments from certain states like Colorado. Whats the point of that?

I think it has to do with Colorado laws. In the xoom user agreement, it says:

"Entities other than FDIC-insured financial institutions that conduct money transmission activities in Colorado, including the sale of money orders, transfer of funds, and other instruments for the payment of money or credit are required to be licensed by the Colorado Division of Banking pursuant to the Money Transmitters Act, Title 12, Article 52, Colorado Revised Statutes."

I'm not quite sure what that means, though. These legal agreements, to me, are all very confusing.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread