I just want to get a feel on my new web site before I announce it and start the Affilate Program. There are a couple of things being worked out.

This is my first effort so any feedback is really good.

http://www.xnation.biz/home.html

Cheers,

sharon

ABW Ambassador
    If you've got skateboarding, you should consider adding rollerblading and BMX.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

I agree with Weisinator...

as for your website ...the template looks good... however the content area needs looks of work...

especially if you are to have an affilaite program as you are implying...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

It's a nice clean site..

Only a couple of things I would recommend...
    The red buttons..are a bit shredded, make them text, and use style sheets for the background and text colors.

Same goes with the navigation text.. the head GEAR X SHOPS in san serif, and the categories are all serif font.. The serifs are a bit diffiecut to read (it's all over the page)
    Same thing, use style sheets, and define text.

The 15% off banner is really hard to read, can't see the details?

And your June Newsletter sign up link is hard to read? (someone likes drop shadows on text! On all the banners.)

My penny.
    Getting There Is Half The Fun! Staying There Is Half The Battle!

many thanks, I am changing content systems in the next few months so that I can get more consistant with the text issue

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N-Affiliate:
    It's a nice clean site..

The red buttons..are a bit shredded, make them text, and use style sheets for the background and text colors.

Same goes with the navigation text.. the head GEAR X SHOPS in san serif, and the categories are all serif font.. The serifs are a bit diffiecut to read (it's all over the page)

And your June Newsletter sign up link is hard to read? (someone likes drop shadows on text! On all the banners.)

My penny. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am working on the content issue, a question, are affilates for more content on the product or on the site itself.

I can the BMX I am not sure on the market for the inline skates. I know I will do BMX sometime in September

Let me know.

cheers,

sharon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by my2cents:
    I agree with Weisinator...

as for your website ...the template looks good... however the content area needs looks of work...

especially if you are to have an affilaite program as you are implying...

Joe <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

I would make the hyperlinks change in some way shape or form when moused over. I would use CSS for those states also.

I would also move the newsletter a little higher on the page and to the left, it looks out of place (not sure why, it just struck me that way).

Last note I would optimize the page a lttile for SEO. Viewing the source code your content is pushed way down for the spiders/bots.

I would also move all the CSS declartions into a seperate external file. That way when you need to change things it will only be once as opposed per quantity of pages.

Nice looking site.

Take care,

Brian

Can i ask you why people use style sheets when you can set background color and text at the same time your creating a website?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N-Affiliate:
    It's a nice clean site..

My penny. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The use of style sheets...

Can change elements of a page by using defined elements.. font color, size, backgrounds, mouseovers, onclicks, etc...

That way, when you want the page to be set up, and keep your code clean, use the styles.

You can have HEADLINE = size 4 bold, while BODY text is =size 2 arial,san serif, and so on.

You can view a css file by viewing the source of sites, and enter the url in the address, and download it.

Dreamweaver is very style sheet friendly for a WYSIWYG. Also if you have a lot of sites, and want to keep the look and feel, but change colors, this is the way to do it too.

Cheers!
    Getting There Is Half The Fun! Staying There Is Half The Battle!

many thanks for your thoughts, it really helps me to improve things and make adjustments.

cheers,

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread