ABW Ambassador
    Been getting emails from this site, which also uses ShareYourOpinions.biz and ShareYourExperiences.com

Seems the concept is they offer a site for someone to post something about you. They then email you to let you know a "posting" has been made & charge you to see what it is. In a world of free & anonymous forums, I suspect that the only people to post on this "service" are the ones collecting the "membership" fees. Anyone have any more info about these people?

Portion of email:
    --------------------------------------
    ********This is not commercial email.********

Advisory - Someone who knows you is trying to share opinions and experiences about you in our online community.

The purpose of this email is to inform you that a posting has been made about you at our website. This is email is not commercial in nature.

If this email message was delivered to your spam or bulk email folder please notify your ISP or spam filtering company regarding this mistake on their part.

To view all of the postings about you at our website use this link:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Then there is a link, but you can't view the "posting" until you register (i.e pay.)

Forwarded it to the FTC.

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    w/out looking at it, even if it is legit, who cares what's been posted about you if nobody else will ever see it? I can't imagine people paying to see comments about people they don't know... even if the comments were about a popular company, who would pay to read 'em?
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Wow!! What a gimmick. I esspecially love this line:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If this email message was delivered to your spam or bulk email folder please notify your ISP or spam filtering company regarding this mistake on their part. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Mistake???
    I just looked at the 2nd site for the first time and it looks almost like an extortion racket. They get people to say things about you (which requires they post your email address) then they send you an email saying that people are talking about you, but charges you to find out what they said about you. And of course the people are given full aninimity (spelling?) in their posting.

The first site you gave keeps coming up as "not found".
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

ABW Ambassador
    Cagles Mill: right about the URL. I think all the links in their messages go to
    ShareYourExperiences.com The other domains are probably just used for their spam messages.

This is funny stuff, isn't it? The guy behind it is really clever. Sad, but clever.

Their FAQ is not much more than a warning not to mess with them because their lawyers say what they're doing is legal.

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    I emailed them to let them know that their site is being discussed at a certain forum & will let them know which one for fifty bucks.

Seems they've been discussed on a lot of forums according to Google.

Wayne

Sounds similar to the wordofmouth scam. I got quite a few of those emails. I think snopes had the real scoop on them. Just out to make a buck.

Snopes not only has the scoop on wordofmouth but adds shareyouropinion to a suspected list of being the same people:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/wordofmouth.asp

Well, there you go

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread