Affiliate Manager
    What motivates an affiliate to..
    What motivates an affiliate to create a blog post? Or to create any additional (unique) content other than posting a banner? Can a program manager help at all? Contest? Bonus for best performing posts? Better product knowledge?

I'm open.. please share.

Thanks!
    [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"]Partner with VerticalResponse and earn up to $125 per sale! [URL="http://bit.ly/itF4W2"][U]Apply Now[/U][/URL].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    unique content is king! that is what brings natural traffic to your site, improves your rankings in google (if it's well written) and gives people a reason to return to your site again and again, thus being exposed to more and more of your offers (links).

Affiliate Manager
    Right Bonnie! Do you think many affiliates do not know?
    [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"]Partner with VerticalResponse and earn up to $125 per sale! [URL="http://bit.ly/itF4W2"][U]Apply Now[/U][/URL].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I suppose you could do some kind of incentive, but you are just on the right track by educating.

Let your affiliates know that you care about them and their quality traffic. Provide information, let them know that you encourage the content and the traffic that it brings.

Build the relationships where that type of strategy is discussed and carried out.

Affiliate Manager
    Yes, I do run monthly tips and educate on the latest product updates. I'm thinking now of giving an example of conversion statistics of banner placement versus content. Do you think that is too dry?

I reckon that the majority of affiliates have been led to believe that you just stick a banner up and sit back to watch the commissions roll on in.

One vendor that I am with sends his affiliates content for use on their blog each week with a plug-in to automatically post it there. It doesn't really solve the problem of affiliates who just don't get that they need to actually work at promoting the product but it does help to keep their blogs a little fresher.

I guess it just boils down to education but the affiliates need to want to be educated. I think the term is "When the student is ready, the teacher will come" or something along those lines.

I know I need to write more content, but it isn't the easiest thing to do so it gets pushed down my list of priorities. It doesn't help the results are not immediate. Will I really get some traffic by writing another blog post? I could spend the next hour tweaking a PPC campaign or posting links around the web which can bring me traffic today. Do I really want traffic to come into random blog post pages or do I want to find traffic sources that will send all traffic to my best page?

Again, I know I need to write more content, but it is difficult to do and doesn't give me instant gratification.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    I think it's a balancing act - you need to be doing both. Fresh content makes the search engines come by more often, also gives you an opportunity to have your site indexed for more topics and keywords. Your posts shouldn't be totally random. I assume your site has some sort of theme. If you have one best page, think of what happens when you multiple that! . Then you have lots of best pages making you even more money.

Another good analogy would be something like this -- think of dining out. If you loved Escargot (snails) and you went to a great restaurant that sold this specialty dish and that was all they did, where are you likely to go the next weekend when you're in the mood for creme brulee or some other french dish? Not the escargot restaurant, since that is all they offer. But if the escargot restaurant expanded it's menu to include other french dishes, they will have more traffic because people are not likely to eat escargot 7 days in a row, so they're almost guaranteed to go elsewhere. But with a varied, yet focused menu (all items being french), they have a higher likely hood of coming much more often as they can find multiple items to enjoy. And they may try that chef's special that is today's highlight. Also, I may come into the restaurant because I hear there was good escargot there, but seeing all the other yummy stuff on the menu, (all your other articles) try something totally different than what I had planned on.

Hope that makes sense. Remember -- internet marketing is not a sprint....It's a marathon!

Quote Originally Posted by BlogBonnieBlog View Post
    Remember -- internet marketing is not a sprint....It's a marathon!
    I think that's the problem that most people trying out affiliate marketing have, and why 95% fail. Put out a few posts and when nothing happens a few days later, they either move on to yet another great affiliate program or give up.

Love your analogy about the restaurant - it's so true. People need a reason to come back for more!

we've been very lucky with product reviews after answering calls for products from bloggers.
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by ContentQueen View Post
    One vendor that I am with sends his affiliates content for use on their blog each week with a plug-in to automatically post it there. It doesn't really solve the problem of affiliates who just don't get that they need to actually work at promoting the product but it does help to keep their blogs a little fresher.
    Do you personally take advantage of this?

Offering products to bloggers to be reviewed - whether they're affiliates or not - can be effective. Just be prepared for honest reviews.

As for me, if I make good sales with a product, I'll be more likely to run more posts about it in the future.

Blog Tool - New and Free.
    Hi there -

What about if you, as bloggers, where to join a program that didn't cost you anything but got you to the top of google search .. .and all you needed to do was to join? This is totally legit.

I currently have a program like this but not sure how to get the word out there -- do you guys have any suggestions?

Let me know.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ghart View Post
    What about if you, as bloggers, where to join a program that didn't cost you anything but got you to the top of google search .. .and all you needed to do was to join? This is totally legit.

I currently have a program like this but not sure how to get the word out there -- do you guys have any suggestions?
    Don't worry about it. It should be at the top of Google search, so we'll find it. Right?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

http and a telephoto
    Hi there -

Let me know.

Thanks!
    Post an ad.
    http://www.abestweb.com/advertising
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

answer...
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    Don't worry about it. It should be at the top of Google search, so we'll find it. Right?

-rematt
    yes! ... can you find it? let me know what you see..

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Here is an idea: Somehow find a way to provide links to affiliate blog posts. i.e. Network affiliates together if they are not in direct competition or perhaps network affiliates from other programs. Or maybe even find a place to showcase new posts on your site (which would cost you some money in commissions I know).

Another idea: Provide affiliates with some useful info on how to make their posts count. Provide tips for submitting posts to social networking, interlinking posts, and other SEO tips.

If affiliates knew that there post would create traffic and not just be some more blog-flatulation in the blog-o-sphere wind, they might be more motivated. I know for me, if I know my new page or blog post will count for something I am motivated to create it. If I am fairly certain it will have no effect, it feels more or less like I am filling a hole with the dirt I just dug out of it.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    Hi there -

Let me know.

Thanks!
    This should go into the daily chuckle or magic bullet found in Eldorado.

I love this joke.

Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonnievr View Post
    What motivates an affiliate to create a blog post? Or to create any additional (unique) content other than posting a banner? Can a program manager help at all? Contest? Bonus for best performing posts? Better product knowledge?

I'm open.. please share.

Thanks!
    I will tell you what motivated me to create a blog. I am not bloging every day but when I do I blog about finished projects and add pictures, clients testimonials and also city and the state, that way people in that area looking for my products can find my blog and then my website.

My motivation is more traffic now and in the future, it is like building an empire.

That being said, while I like writing blog posts about my projects I am a merchant and also have to take care of daily sales, which is time consuming.

I am sure that there is lot of ppl with lot of time who would like to write new blogs, just to find them.

Good luck with that.

p.s: try contacting them one by one and explain how it could benefit them.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread