RIP Robert Culp
    I just read that Robert Culp died today. I enjoyed many of his roles, in particular Kelly Robinson on I Spy, various appearances on Outer Limits, and Bill Maxwell in Greatest American Hero.

He was a fine actor, artist, and animal lover. I once read he created and sold artwork to support animal charities. The only one I can recall by name is Best Friends Animal Society. http://www.bestfriends.org

He will be missed.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Sorry to have heard this today. He was a really good actor and seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

I also remember him from The Name of the Game, as a few different murderers on Columbo, and as Ray Romano's father-in-law on Everybody Loves Raymond.

I Spy story: When I was about 16 or 17, I did some delivery work for a liquor store in Hollywood that did a lot of business with nearby studios. I didn't get paid for the deliveries, but the tips were generally real good. One day, the boss gave me an order to deliver to Bill Cosby on the I Spy set at I think either Desilu or Paramount Studios. I went into the I Spy offices there, and though I didn't see Robert Culp, Bill Cosby was there and after giving him his order, the tip he gave me consisted of a few empty soda bottles he said I could return for the deposit. Great guy.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Bill Cosby posted a short remembrance on his website.

http://billcosby.com/site/2010/03/my-friend.html

I forgot about the Columbos, those were great too. My favorite of those would have to be Double Exposure.

Villain or hero, he owned the role and made you believe it.

My hubby was bummed when he found out. His favorite Outer Limits are the Culp episodes, in particular Architects of Fear... one of my favorites as well.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Robert Culp was pretty awesome. The company is sure getting interesting in the great beyond. Might not be such a bad place to visit. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread