Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Exclamation Deadline for GAN Account Update
    GAN sent out an email a few days ago warning everyone that if you have not yet done the update to use you your Google account info to sign in to GAN, you will not be able to log in after March 27. I hadn't done it until today, and I'm sure there are other people who have also not done so for a variety of reasons:
    During the first quarter of 2009 we integrated with Google Accounts for the sign-in credentials for all users. We have maintained the legacy passwords but as of March 27, 2010 we will remove the option to sign in with your legacy credentials.

You have not updated the Google Affiliate Network account associated with this email address to a Google Account. After March 27th you will be required to update to a Google Account in order to sign in.

Please sign in and update to a Google Account.

Thank you!

Your Google Affiliate Network Team
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I hate these notices because every time I go in and make any changes, I can never log back on.

I think the key is make the changes and don't log back on for a 10 minutes or so so that the system has time to update. Clearing cache.

Without fail I try again and can't log back on. I then panick and try using old/new passwords, etc. with trying different passwords. It's never good. Does it sound like I speak from experience?

OK, I just did it.

I swear I was having anxiety issues about it. But out of the 3 times that I tried, this time seems the easiest and it worked.

Thanks affiliatehound

What? I thought GAN did this back at the end of October 09. They deactivated accounts and they still haven't paid everybody the last payment from the legacy system. First they promised everybody would be sent a check for any earnings left in the "legacy system" regardless of amount in December of 2009. Now they are saying earnings from the legacy system will be posted to AdSense this month, if you had over $10. However some publishers are saying they have already had payment from the legacy system posted to AdSense. I still have not received payment from the legacy system in any form. Any question about payment from the legacy system to support or on the GAN forums gets ignored.

I did link my account to AdSense and they still deactivated it. I asked for help in reactivating my account and the only response I got was the auto-reply form response, "Please note that Google Affiliate Network cannot reactivate or restore your account. You are welcome to open a new account with us at this time." So I did reapply, got approved and changed all my old links out. I never received the email about updating to Google account back in 2009 or this new one. I receive the new advertiser emails from GAN all the time, so it's not a problem with receiving GAN emails.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Colossor- We are not ignoring payment questions. We working through them. If you have no problems logging in, Great!

Thanks!

Jamie

Jamie, thank you for replying and I can understand if you are working through issues with the final payment from the legacy system. The reason I keep bringing it up is that no one from GAN had ever responded or indicated that there were issues or assured us that we would receive payment eventually. Since all my questions to support about the legacy system payment have gone unanswered I assumed GAN was ignoring this because they never planned to pay publishers.

A Google employee on the GAN forums stated that earnings from the legacy system would be posted to AdSense "this month" and that was a week or 2 ago and I still have not seen this payment posted to AdSense and there is only 1 day left in this month. If GAN is still having issues with this payment and doesn't plan on posting it this month they should let publishers know.

I am able to log-in to connectcommerce.com through Google, but I have 2 accounts when I log-in. The account that has the earnings accrued from the legacy system is marked as "inactive". I inquired whether this would cause a problem with payment and how to resolve it, but I never received a reply.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread