How many followers do you have in twitter?
    Share with me the no of followers you have in twitter. I have 741 following and 302 followers.

Tax Paying Member
    Zilch and zilch
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    Zilch and zilch
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Pretty personal question for your 5th post!

I have 10 twitter accounts. Only one is "real" with less than 100 followers that I choose to allow.

The other nine were built using automated software back when that existed and those accounts are filled with 500-5000 worthless followers who mostly are there to try and get you to click on their next MLM scam or online money making link that we all know don't work.

Twitter is worthless to me anymore.

I'll take FaceBook over Twitter any day.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

superCool keeps losing all of his followers - even though he tweets max characters every 10 minutes or so. why would anyone not follow? superCool is a great tweeter. he's tweeting right now about writing this message. he's tweeting again about writing that last line of this message. why is nobody interested in what superCool is doing all day? that doesn't make sense. superCool will tweet that question now....ok done. now to facebook....ah, that feels better. superCool will submit this now and then tweet and update facebook accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by superCool View Post
    superCool keeps losing all of his followers - even though he tweets max characters every 10 minutes or so. why would anyone not follow? superCool is a great tweeter. he's tweeting right now about writing this message. he's tweeting again about writing that last line of this message. why is nobody interested in what superCool is doing all day? that doesn't make sense. superCool will tweet that question now....ok done. now to facebook....ah, that feels better. superCool will submit this now and then tweet and update facebook accordingly.
    OK, yeah, great idea, I just tweeted your entire post on seven different Twitter accounts. Took me a total of 42 tweets to fit it all in. Wonder why no one follows me. Maybe tweeting in third-person will help.

LOL
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I'm rocking out with 22 followers. 14 of those I actually know!

Quote Originally Posted by superCool View Post
    I would follow superCool, because superCool makes me laugh. I don't know why superCool keeps losing his followers, because superCool is Super Cool.

zero.

mkgen, with 300+ followers, I think you qualify as a twitter-lebrity.
    Your Ad Here.

my mom. Don't ask.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    following 229 with 441 followers. - Haven't updated twitter in months.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I knew a guy who had a key chain that said:
    It's not the length
    It's not the size
    It's how many times you make it rise
    The idea can be applied to Twitter. The amount of followers one has or the
    amount that one follows really doesn't matter because it's a blank number unless there is some sort of interaction and/or engagement. What's the purpose of people following you if they don't care about your messages or if they don't respond at all.

A small number can create a "learning circle" but so can a large number.
    I also use Twitter as a social bookmark instead of using Del.icio.us

There's an "official Twitter list"here:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...t=Twitter+list

You can go to a person's Twitter page and see how many followers that person has and the amount of people followed -- it's not secret information.

The magic of Twitter is in the ways you use the information from others and in the ways your followers respond to your tweets

To answer your question at the moment I have:

547 Followers
    786 Following

Right now I am more of an information extraction wizard than a self proclaiming guru
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    542 Followers
    535 Following

I started following people several months ago if they fit my business model, get 2-3 followers a day. I don't tweet just feed my forum/blog posts and then direct to Facebook for promotion. I do get some direct messages and have made some contacts there. I get more requests through LinkedIn.

I've changed the way I use Twitter as time went along. At first I tried to make it pure business only announcing things related to what the company was doing and working on. That was boring for everyone. It has evolved into a mix of some personal (only big things, no "I'm eating," "I'm pooping," etc.) some business, and some "reporting" when I'm doing things as press.

When I first started, I followed anyone who followed me. The problem is that some people only follow you in the hopes you follow them back, just to inflate their stats (egos). Now, I only follow people who I know or are interesting.

I "live tweeted" a session at ad:tech last year and got great response. I use Twitter more than blogging at Affiliate Summit.

There are some cool "tools" you can use to find followers, rank, rate, or otherwise track Twitter stats on yourself and others.

Check out:
    http://twitter.grader.com/
    http://twittercounter.com/ (I like the mixed graph that shows follower ups and downs over Tweets) and
    http://mrtweet.com/

Oh yea. 822 followers, and I'm following 548.
    Brad Waller | VP, Business and Affiliate Development
    EPage.com

As Rhia7 said, the number of followers you have is really unimportant if there is no engagement. Let me give you an example from a couple weeks ago:

I sent out a tweet talking about a new book coming out and over the next two days I received 20-30 clicks on the link. Then a friend of mine who has over 1 million followers (honest to goodness, 7 digit follower count...) retweeted my message and it received a total of 8 new clicks over the next two days.

He has a million followers because of something he was involved in before that was fairly popular, and then his account got listed on Twitter's recommended follow list. So new people signing up would just click the follow button like sheep. His follower count grew like crazy, but he says the level of interaction he receives is minimal.

Point being, if you spend any time or money on services that help you grow your follower count, you probably aren't getting the value you think you are. Save the money and spend the time engaging with the followers you have. Your return will be far greater.

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    1968 followers and 1958 following..

I agree with many of the above -- numbers are all irrelevant if they aren't the type of followers you want. I do go in periodically and clean mine out based on when they last tweeted, tacky profile pics (okay-- so those that show too much skin LOL) and people that tweet too many times a day or that I can tell are tweeting the exact same tweet thru 10 accounts get the ax.

I do use tweetdeck to follow specific people (industry type leaders) and then have the general flow of people that I follow.

when looking for people to follow I do consider the ratio of the # of tweets to the # of followers and if there is a huge # of tweets - you can see a lot in their pattern of usage of twitter.

2348 followers, 2331 following but I really don't use it well.

Following:10 Followers: 91 Listed: 4
    Thanks,
    Doug

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    I think I signed up for twitter from an old ABW discussion to catch people at Affiliate Summit in 2007. I never used it for a long time and finally got hooked to its value

@BrianHawkins
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

I have 3100+ followers and am following 1320.

Well if you're targeting or concerned about your own industry then try searching for "relevant" discussions on twitter. Try being part of the conversation and you could win many followers (relevant to your industry).

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread