Hi everyone;

I'm trying to rethink some things about my websites. I've always wanted to be able to inform my visitors of coupons, special offers, etc., but due to time constraints, I've never been able to do a good job of it.

In fact, I'm quite sure that I'll never be able to a good enough job of it to compete with the sites that focus all of their energy on coupons.

In one respect, I'm OK with that, because I'd really like to be spending my time on other things, but there are two problems:
    1) not having coupons makes my site less valuable to users;
    2) I know I lose sales to people to find things on my sites, then search for a coupon at other sites.

So I'm wondering if anyone has an idea for an alternative?

For instance, is there a respectable coupon site out there that might be interested in a partnership where I make them my "coupon link", and send some traffic their way?

I'm not sure what I'd expect for in return, though, and am open to suggestions.

Thanks

Please PM me :0)

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Ed,

When I get emails from networks or individual merchants with the results of the winners of their latest contest, the winners all had one thing in common: they had names like

coupons-r-us, best-deals-4-u, etc. (not real names)

Only took me a second to put 2 and 2 together!

So I immediately put together a coupon site.

BOY IS IT A LOT OF WORK!

And tedious boring work! Changing 1000 Father's Day coupons to 1000 Graduation coupons is a boring way to spend a day.

And the competition!! There's probably more google searches for "Coupon for Company A" than a search for "Naked Brittany Spe##rs"

But the sites make money. There is no shortcut (that I know of) Well, there ARE shortcuts, but they're against the TOS!!

Yes it is a lot of work, and there are so many sites that look like a million zillion others. I miss the good old days when you could count them all on ten fingers.. LOL!

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, most have all the same merchants with all the same coupons. Look to compliment that with indys and separate from the pack.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Not only is there a ton of competition, the affiliates who make coupon sites seem to be the ones more likely to use "skullduggery" (guess it's the only way to get clicks when there are 1000 sites that look identical)

There ARE ways to separate yourself from the pack, but it's even twice as much work as the already too-much-work coupon site.

But on the bright side, on the days you can't log into linkshare or cj, there are thousands of places to go to get the updated coupon codes you need!!!!

FYI: There IS a coupon forum here at ABW. If this thread continues, it should be moved there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Billy Kay:
    Not only is there a ton of competition, the affiliates who make coupon sites seem to be the ones more likely to use "skullduggery" (guess it's the only way to get clicks when there are 1000 sites that look identical)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's exactly for that reason that I'd consider sending coupon traffic to someone else, just so I'd be losing sales to someone I like rather than some nameless skullduggers.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread