Where to report bad feeds?
    I've noticed that the data feeds of some merchants have errors..
    I notified one merchant to no avail..

Would appreciate a contact point for this situation..

You can contact the merchant or the affiliate manager if there is one. If that does not help, give up and move on to a responsive merchant. There are some feeds that are horrible. Good luck.

You'd think that Shareasale would require some sort of standards in that they offer the databases for use..

SAS requires a particular format but they don't edit or review each merchant's data. Some datafeeds are more usable than others but it is up to the merchant how useful they want to make the data. It is the same on all networks.

I started working with datafeeds just a few weeks ago and am fast learning that it requires a fair amount of work beyond just downloading and using them (and I sort of expected that). I got lucky with my first one; I was able to put together a nice catalog/application which I expect will generate some good results for me. But after that one, I have run into some problems like:

Incomplete data Ė missing categories and keywords, things that would require practically editing records one at a time (out of the question);
    Advertisers that donít care or just donít know any better Ė they think their job is done when they give you a buy URL; no awareness of what marketing is all about and of the fact that, by providing the right tools, they are going to benefit more than the affiliates;
    Non-responsive advertisers who donít bother to even acknowledge messages sent to them.

The network does not really have a lot of control of what and advertiser provides.

I refer you to this thread I started about the subject not too long ago: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...highlight=gato, where I and other people in these forums have discussed the subject.

I agree with 2busy: if you run into a flake, just move on. I think itís worth it to eliminate a few and end up dealing with the good ones, which I think are out there and you just have to find them.

Have fun,

Carlos

I gave up on this. Over the years I have requested fixes for messed up feeds from more merchants than I can even begin to try counting (on all networks) and have NEVER gotten a positive response. Plenty of talk, yeah, but never has any action ever been taken to fix one.

In fact, the last one I pointed a problem out to really took the cake. "There are no images in the affiliate product datafeed, is there any chance that this may be fixed sometime in the near future?". "Sorry, all of our images are copywritten".

Those who care enough to do things right at all will do it right in the first place.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread