Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    FeedFront Issue #10 is Out - Lots of ABWers
    Issue Ten of FeedFront Magazine is online today and has some awesome articles including many from some ABWers like Daniel M. Clark, myself, Patrick Vesperman, and Brian Littleton. This was just a quick glance...who did I miss?

My entitled Of Golf and Affiliate Marketing on page nine discusses the importance of surrounding yourself with the right people as an affiliate. I share some valuable lessons from my life that learned from playing golf growing up.

The quote at the beginning of my artilce is from one of my favorite people, Charlie “Tremendous” Jones who said:

“You are the same today as you’ll be in five years except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read.”
    In the article I warn affiliates against being sabotaged by negative relatives, friends, and online friends, especially in the forums, like here.

We all know them. They are the 9-5 workers with "real jobs" who think affiliates just sit on their butts all day playing on the computer or the affiliates who write nothing but negative posts about how affiliate marketing is dead. They are all negative influences who drag us down.

Here is an excerpt:

If you want to be successful in affiliate marketing, stop hanging out with affiliates who whine all the time about the industry, their merchants, or their performance. Quit reading posts from people who demotivate you. Quit associating with friends who tell you that you need to get a “real job.”

Instead, find people who have a positive attitude about affiliate marketing and support you in your efforts. Find people who have been doing this for a while, had their ups and downs, failures and successes, and associate with those people. Find members at a forum like ABestWeb who are positive and helpful and read their posts. If you find someone who is always negative, avoid their posts at all costs.
    You can read the full article on page nine.

My friend and ABWer, Patrick Vesperman, writes a great article about building relationships and how he has learned from them. Ironically, it kind of serves as a nice follow-up (or starter) to my article

Here is an excerpt of that article:

Around this same time I met Matt McWilliams at Legacy Learning Systems. I was looking for advice and he responded to one of my questions. He could have emailed me and that would have been that. Instead, he called. He didn’t have to, but because he called, Matt and I continue to correspond and find that we have more in common than just our roles as affiliate managers.
    Issue Ten might very well be FeedFront’s best yet. Well done Shawn Collins and Missy Ward.

Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt McWilliams View Post
    Issue Ten might very well be FeedFront’s best yet. Well done Shawn Collins and Missy Ward.
    Thanks - we'll be putting out an announcement for article proposals for the next issue in a month or so.

The next one will be the August issue that doubles as the Affiliate Summit conference program.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    Thanks for the shout out Matt. You certainly earned the mention I gave you in the article. In fact, I'm considering submitting an article for the next issue just about you!

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjvesperman View Post
    Thanks for the shout out Matt. You certainly earned the mention I gave you in the article. In fact, I'm considering submitting an article for the next issue just about you!
    Sounds like a winner for sure!

Shawn, can we make sure that is on page one?
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread