I have one my merchants emailing me a data feed, but I have absolutely no idea how to use it.

I see that each column is divided by a "|" and can open it in excel to see what is in the file. But beyond this, I'm really not sure what to do.

I'm pressuming each datafeed is basically the same regardless of merchant (if this is wrong, please let me know). If there is a FAQ that someone could refer me, that would work.

Thanks in advance.

Why not
    a] read the datafeed section of the forum
    and
    b] post a datafeed question in the datafeed section?
    oooo oooo oooo you could also
    c] search for datafeeds and i wonder how much info will come up.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

No Sweat

First, you can get an idea about data feeds as they pertain to affiliate marketing HERE.

Next, the datafeed section of ABW is chocked full of great stuff. You can find it here: http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=fr...9&f=1226064751

Good luck...

Fred

Buy_Online, thanks for the link. The web site you referred me to is very helpful.

Popdawg, you left out option D - if you can't respond without being a jack-ass, don't respond.

You're right, Sweat.
    I should apologize.
    I'm sorry for thinking that a member who has been here for quite a while would know the basics ... search, forum titles, etc.
    Nah, not apologizing for that. That's pretty basic for most forums.

I will apologize for being a little snappy. I could have worded that better. But two weeks of being sick, 3 days in and out of the hospital, 4 sites down because of merchants dicking around with feeds that screwed up the automation, the whole linkshare thing, and coming back to several hundred posts with a new posts function not working put me in a foul mood. Then yet another "how do i use datafeeds" post in the wrong forum, from (as mentioned above) a member whos been here for a while, with absolutely no effort put in to looking on their own pushed me over the edge. I snapped. I lost it. I went crazy.

I told you to look in the right forum, to post in the right forum or even to use the search function (which had you used would have led you to mecca of datafeed info, the datafeed forum here at abw).

So forgive me my actions.
    I have sinned and have been as you so delicately put it ... a jackass.
    I must now go off and live with my shame.
    Alone, friendless and filled with sorrow.
    If anyone cares to find me, I'll be at the datafeed section.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread