Thread: Stupid.com on ShareASale

Talking Stupid.com on ShareASale

Here at GHC, we always like to keep the office environment light (there is no reason the serious business of Affiliate Program Management can’t be done with a sense of humor), so when “Stupid.com” recently signed up with us to have their program professionally managed, we knew this was going to be fun.

Stupid.com is all about crazy and insane gifts! Here’s the basics: – More than 2,000 gifts, gags, and hilarious products – Nearly 80 product categories – Average Order Value = $42.00 – Monthly Newsletter to all Affiliates with Coupons, Promotions, & Featured Items We offer a two-tiered program, with a competitive commission rate of 15% for sales, .25 cents per lead generated, and 8% for affiliates who recruit new affiliates. That’s it – Simple, Rewards, and Stupid, right?

Commission Rate: 15%
    Cookie Duration: 30 days
    Signup Link: Stupid.com on ShareASale
    Tier 2: Yes
    Practical Joke Potential: Unlimited
    Manager: Chris Thompson
    Last edited by Hectic GHC; March 30th, 2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: changed commission rate
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Looks like a fun one!

I see that they have one of my favorite prank gifts, the toilet monster. We bought a couple a few years ago, and they're hilarious. I can still picture my son (3 years old at the time), running out of the bathroom shouting "That's not good!"
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hoffman Consulting View Post
    Monthly Newsletter to all Affiliates with Coupons, Promotions, & Featured Items We offer a two-tiered program, with a competitive commission rate of 8% for sales, .25 cents per lead generated, and 8% for affiliates who recruit new affiliates. That’s it – Simple, Rewards, and Stupid, right?

Commission Rate: 15%
    I don't see any coupons in the preview. Does that mean they will only come via newsletter? Do you mean to say?
    with a competitive commission rate of 8% for sales,
    It seems a little confusing between the 8% and 15% but probably only to me. Kind of in a fog today here.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell View Post
    I don't see any coupons in the preview. Does that mean they will only come via newsletter? Do you mean to say?It seems a little confusing between the 8% and 15% but probably only to me. Kind of in a fog today here.
    Thank you for pointing out that error, John. I just fixed it. The commission is set at 15% but the 2nd tier rate is 8%. Originally, they were both 8% but we worked with the merchant to bump it.

We will have coupons for you soon. Watch here on the forum or in the April newsletter.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

Who could POSSIBLY resist a gift company called "Stupid.com"? Not me!!!

Just signed up and eagerly waiting for that datafeed the signup page said was coming soon.
    Generate more fake news.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hey, Greg,

Just applied but saw that the merchant has neither auto-approve nor auto-deposit. Also, when the datafeed is up, will they be on Popshops?

(Can't wait to get one of those toilet monsters, and probably a couple of other stupid items!)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Hey, Greg,

Just applied but saw that the merchant has neither auto-approve nor auto-deposit. Also, when the datafeed is up, will they be on Popshops?

(Can't wait to get one of those toilet monsters, and probably a couple of other stupid items!)
    I don't have any programs on Auto Approve but we are working with them to get Auto Deposit set up asap. As soon as the datafeed is ready, I'll ping Popshops but they've been busy lately so I'm sure I'll end up on a waiting list. We will be on there eventually.
    Greg Hoffman

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    This merchant is just way to much fun. I'm looking forward to not only promoting but buying some of their merchandise myself.

Besides the obvious reasons to love a program like this, I'm just impressed with the domain. Not many new affiliate programs starting with one simple word domains like Stupid.com.

I also have to use the .com with it because it sounds too funny calling it the Stupid Affiliate Program. Chris and I have been punning it up! Stupid banners, stupid text links, stupid newsletter and so on...
    Greg Hoffman

Super quick approval

(no, you do not need to buy all that stuff, he aarfs to himself, convincingly)
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

This site is pure win!!!

Who doesn't need a 2010 dog poop calendar?!

Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Outsourced Program Manager
    Well I'm an acronym guy. At one time on a voicemail message I spelled my email address using the military alphabet and quickly earned the nickname around my office as "Charlie Tango". So by saying I need X for Stupid, or Y for PaperRoses, it's easier to communicate. And Greg knows what I'm immediately talking about so he's half guilty.

But I see endless potential for product placement at tradeshows. The "I'm with Stupid T-shirts" in particular.

Regards,
    Chris
    -

Chris Thompson - [URL="http://www.bordeauxmarketinggroup.com"]Bordeaux Marketing Group[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.bordeauxmarketinggroup.com"]Affiliate Program Management[/URL] and [URL="http://www.bordeauxmarketinggroup.com"]Online Marketing Strategy[/URL]
    Check us out on our Facebook Fan Page at -
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bordeaux-Marketing-Group/134412773270117"]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bordeaux-Marketing-Group/134412773270117[/URL]

Ahhh so they're back at SAS again. That was a fun adventure, having to migrate links to CJ platform and then get the carpet pulled back out from under us again.

Will a product datafeed be available this time?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Outsourced Program Manager
    Yes, just received word the data feed should be ready by tomorrow.

Regards,
    Chris
    -

Chris Thompson - [URL="http://www.bordeauxmarketinggroup.com"]Bordeaux Marketing Group[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.bordeauxmarketinggroup.com"]Affiliate Program Management[/URL] and [URL="http://www.bordeauxmarketinggroup.com"]Online Marketing Strategy[/URL]
    Check us out on our Facebook Fan Page at -
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bordeaux-Marketing-Group/134412773270117"]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bordeaux-Marketing-Group/134412773270117[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thompson - GHC View Post
    But I see endless potential for product placement at tradeshows. The "I'm with Stupid T-shirts" in particular.
    LOL! Sounds like a perfect contest idea. A prize for the person who can get their picture taken (wearing an "I'm with Stupid T-shirt") next to the most people!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    Ahhh so they're back at SAS again. That was a fun adventure, having to migrate links to CJ platform and then get the carpet pulled back out from under us again.

Will a product datafeed be available this time?
    Everything I wanted to say.

I love this merchant. The products are great, their description of products cracks me up and I was promoting them and bouncing between networks like Davidh - Hopefully, with Greg on top of things, they'll be more stable now.

I do know they were bought a few years ago right before they moved to CJ from SAS. Guess they made some goofs and now realize they need a pro to manage this program. Thankfully!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

They are eager to listen and responsive to requests so I think this will be a growing and stable program this year.
    Greg Hoffman

Great effort Greg, i wonder how you could manage such diverse programs.... Keep it up

The datafeed is being reviewed by ShareASale and should be up and running any day. If we need to make adjustments we will have complete as soon as possible.
    Greg Hoffman

I'm having lunch with a couple Stupid executives at Bones in Buckhead today. Should I be worried about a fly in my soup or a whoopie cushion on my chair?
    Greg Hoffman

After a great lunch last week, I only have one question for affiliates: Are you ready for a Stupid Halloween??? Look for some awesome promotions.
    Greg Hoffman

Talking Stupid News
    I have a new list of the top 25 best sellers from the last 30 days on Stupid.com for anyone that asks for it. Send me a PM or email me. This is good stuff!

Did you know that our leading demographic is women ages 25-34?
    Greg Hoffman

Greg, I love the stupid.com array of "Halloween" candy, but none of it is in your Popshops feed. Any chance of getting that included?

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Greg, I love the stupid.com array of "Halloween" candy, but none of it is in your Popshops feed. Any chance of getting that included?
    That got their attention! They are working on a new datafeed for this week. I'll let you know. Thank you.
    Greg Hoffman

25. Newsletter Signup