Exclamation Need help to activate my CJ account
    Hi all,

Any one helps me to activate my CJ account which has 1000 Euro on my account. CJ account got deactivated due to below reason

Commission Junction is currently investigating your account and has the following inquiries regarding your promotional methods:

Please explain in detail how do you promote advertisers in our network and how do you drive traffic to your site.

Please respond by replying to this specific e-mail within 5 days of the mailing date.

Failure to respond shall be deemed an admission of liability and acceptance of this letter as 15 days notice of termination, and may result in Commission Junction exercising its right to terminate the Commission Junction Publisher Service Agreement 15 days from the date of this written notice or sooner.

Please note that current or pending payout(s) may be placed on hold pending notification from you and Commission Junction’s confirmation of your full compliance.

If you have questions regarding this notice, please reply to this email using the provided reply-to address and leave the subject line intact.
    I have already sent mail to all ID but no response from them. Any one from CJ who can help to review my account

If they don't respond to your emails, call them and someone can assist you. You can find the number for your counties CJ office here:

http://www.cj.com/about/contact.html

I have tried lot of time to this 800-761-1072. Since I am from Singapore I used to dial 1-800-761-1072 to dial the number I used to get only engage tone every time

If you've had accounts suspended at both CJ and PayPal, somehow I doubt that the problem is on their end.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I got this one too!
    Unbelievable! Doing business with CJ since Feb 2008 (it's gonna be full 3 years next month!) I had just received the above email since yesterday. After I replied them that I'm using PPC to drive traffic to the advertisers. They sent me a second email and asking to know what are my MONEY keywords!!!

Here below is an email which I just received after I sent a reply back to the first email as referred above.

Thank you for submitting this information. Please provide us with at least 10 keywords, search engine used and ad copy from your current PPC campaign. Please also include couple of keywords that would trigger your ads in natural search. Looking forward to your response,

Sincerely,

Publisher Support
    ------------------------------------
    Commission Junction, a ValueClick company

What I concerned is
    - if I provide them with everything they want will they use those keywords to compete with me in the near future?
    - Is this a common business practice to know what keywords the affiliate marketers are using? Anyone here have ever been asked to sending them the keywords?
    - If they think that I'm using any PROTECTED keywords, why don't they go to check themselves at google.com or any other search engines to see whose PPC ads is running.
    - My PPC is direct traffic and this is not against my advertiser's rules on CJ. So give them the keywords = give them money???

This makes me getting real nervous now. Please advice me on how to reply with the second email they just sent.

Thank you.

PS. I'm an affiliate marketer in Thailand, and have been heard several times from a Thai forum relating to affiliate marketing that CJ is paying special attention to those affiliates who are non-US foreigners. Even though you provide them everything they need, you account will still be deactivated in the near future. Many of Thai affiliate marketers faced these situations. But I personally think that since most Thais don't have good English communication skill (including me), so CJ might not understand what we try to communicate with them correctly then they just deactivate the account (sounds bad to me, many of my friends earn a lot of money each month. Do you think earnings in $3k per month is much? In Thailand it's about 100k Baht which is a lot of money.)

PSS. Sorry for my broken English, please accept my apologize for that.

I would be concerned as well -- yet, Merchants as well as Networks have
    asked for this type of information before.

I was asked directly by one of the merchants on CJ how I was driving traffic to my websites that showed their offers. I told them everything -- but, I only do organic search, so for them to duplicate it, would be much more difficult.

Yet, I figured I had nothing to lose -- since if I did not tell them everything, they may remove me as an affiliate.
    - if I provide them with everything they want will they use those keywords to compete with me in the near future?
    The CJ Network probably would not -- I don't think they run their own PPC campaigns ... The merchant may already run their own PPC campaigns

- Is this a common business practice to know what keywords the affiliate marketers are using? Anyone here have ever been asked to sending them the keywords?
    Yes, and Yes

- If they think that I'm using any PROTECTED keywords, why don't they go to check themselves at google.com or any other search engines to see whose PPC ads is running.
    Because it is much easier asking you specifically for the the keywords.

- My PPC is direct traffic and this is not against my advertiser's rules on CJ. So give them the keywords = give them money???
    If I were you, I would give them the keywords & ads -- maybe not necessarily your best ones ...

Again, if you do not, you will probably be deactivated -- so your money will be gone, unless you have a backup merchant on another network.

HTH,

Anne

Thank you for your reply. Since I'm currently using PPC and directly link to the store site, I'm afraid that in the near future my earnings will drop due to the reason that the merchant is using those keywords by themselves. So what I had done before on keyword research stuff would be worthless

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    PS. I'm an affiliate marketer in Thailand, and have been heard several times from a Thai forum relating to affiliate marketing that CJ is paying special attention to those affiliates who are non-US foreigners. Even though you provide them everything they need, you account will still be deactivated in the near future. Many of Thai affiliate marketers faced these situations. But I personally think that since most Thais don't have good English communication skill (including me), so CJ might not understand what
    The sad thing is that most Thai affiliates believe that the "whole" of affiliate marketing is about bidding on trade marks. Which of course is real easy and against the T&C of the vast majority of merchants programs now a days. And it only takes a few bad apples to tar and feather the rest of the nation. By the way will you be at the Bangkok Meetup Aff meeting on Feb 10th?

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by crema View Post
    I'm afraid that in the near future my earnings will drop due to the reason that the merchant is using those keywords by themselves.
    Since you are direct linking, they already know what keywords you are bidding on.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkMcD View Post
    Since you are direct linking, they already know what keywords you are bidding on.
    This is not the case, since I'm using a 301 redirect to the merchant url. Basically, when visitors click on my ppc it goes to my 301 redirect page first and then go to the CJ tracking link and finally landing at the merchant's url. Doing this way CJ will not know what is my keyword and the referrer url will be my 301 redirect link. That's the reason why they are asking me to send them more details on how I promote the merchants.

Just received another email from CJ this morning after I provided them with all they want to know. Here is the message:

Thank you for submitting this information. Please note that at this time we are validating your PPC campaign. In the mean time, please note that we are unable to track majority of your referring URLs. Transparency is a key component we require of our publishers in order to confirm they are working within the guidelines of the Publisher Service Agreement, the Code of Conduct and each advertiser's terms and conditions. Please note that you need to make necessary changes as soon as possible in order to stay compliant in our network. We will recheck your traffic on Monday, January 31st, 2011 to make sure your referring URLs are recording properly.

Sincerely,

Publisher Support
    ------------------------------------
    Commission Junction, a ValueClick company

My question here is:
    - What does it mean when they said "Transparency is a key component..." what is the main point here? What is it about? Transparency for whom, the visitors who click on my ppc ads?
    - Since I'm using 301 redirect url in order to protect what keywords I'm using. Is there anything which relating to that "transparency" issue above? How's about those sites which are using a lot of cloaking links (the reason is most of the affiliate tracking links look ugly and suspicious, right?)
    - What necessary change should I do here in order to be stay compliant in their network?

Thank you everyone for your advice here.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Basically if the referral URLs from your PPC campaign are not showing up in the CJ system them you are not being Transparent under the terms of the CJ Publisher Service Agreement. Referral URLs need to be transparent for the merchant so they can be sure you are not violating and PPC requirements they have laid down, such as bidding on trade marks or sending traffic direct to the merchants site if they require that it goes via a web site / pre sell page before arriving on their site.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

If I were you I would let them see your keywords by not passing affiliate links through a 301 redirect because that's clearly the problem from what they're saying. It's not something you want to do but at least your account won't be terminated.
    Last edited by alphawave; January 25th, 2011 at 10:27 PM.

A 301 redirect will not remove the referer information.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkMcD View Post
    A 301 redirect will not remove the referer information.
    It does, if you are using a javascript redirect (aka. cloaking url)

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread