Help with PPC please.
    I am kind of new to this and i would appreciate any help. I currently enrolled into a particular program threw CJ and i am trying to set up a ppc campaign to test how it converts. the program offers text and banner links threw HTML and Java script. My question is how do i obtain the affiliate url to place in my ppc campaign?

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    Inside your cj account, click on GET LINKS tab, search for name of company, in advertister column, click on GET LINKS, you'll see a listing of available graphics and such. Over on the far right are links to click on to GET LINKS. Simply cut and paste the appropriate HTML or java script from there.

Note that if you are not accepted to a program, you're not going to be able to click onthe links. the status column has to show you're accepted into the program.

if you are new to CJ, you might also be interested in the CJU Online link in the upper right area of their site when you're logged in. Lots of good helps in there to get you started.

Online Marketing Consultant
    A few things to think about.

1. Have you read the Merchant's Terms and Conditions to check if PPC is allowed and what restrictions are in place?

2. The url you want to use is in the <a href tag. CJ also has a link specifically for PPC Affiliates that you could use as well if the Merchant set it up.

3. Have you created a landing page, etc... Some of the engines won't let you use Affiliate links anymore.

If you have never done PPC before I highly recommend setting a very tight budget at first. You will more than likely lose a lot of money fast if you haven't done it before.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Yea ive have done a little ppc in the past and terms and conditions allows me but where i was getting stuck was that when i click on get httl or java links i was getting this large code for a text link. so all i have to use is the <a href tag? this will work if i want to make my own text links also? can i disregard the rest of the code? because in the code is also a img tag with another url . what is that? I thank you for your help

The img tag is usually a 1x1 tracking pixel that allows you to keep track of impressions. Since AdWords will track your impressions for you, it is unnecessary.
    Your Ad Here.

Quote Originally Posted by affninja View Post
    The img tag is usually a 1x1 tracking pixel that allows you to keep track of impressions. Since AdWords will track your impressions for you, it is unnecessary.

what if i wanted to do it a different way where i still wanted CJ to track my impressions , leads ,sales ect . say make my own text links or forward visitors from my domain st8 to my affiliate link. is there a way to do that ?

CJ won't be able to track impressions on direct-to-merchant PPC ad, since there is no input field in Adwords that will allow you to input that impression-img-url. On your own domain, you can use it and it will track.
    Your Ad Here.

Quote Originally Posted by affninja View Post
    CJ won't be able to track impressions on direct-to-merchant PPC ad, since there is no input field in Adwords that will allow you to input that impression-img-url. On your own domain, you can use it and it will track.
    so ive decided to forward people to my affiliate link via 301 redirect. My domain is from godady which makes it very easy to do this. now how do i take the code given to me from CJ and make it possible to forward and track traffic threw my domain?

anther question would be if i use jsut the href tag excluding the img tag and rest of the code will i still be paid by CJ for sales? Thanks in advance

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread