Orange County Choppers ending today
    Gee, talk about no advance notice! Thanks, now I get to scramble to replace all my OCC products. Just got this:

Dear Orange County Choppers Affiliate,

Orange County Choppers would like to thank you for your participation in our affiliate program. Unfortunately, we have made a business decision to suspend our Affiliate Program with LinkShare.

We will pay for commissions earned on Net Orders received through an affiliate link based on the terms of our Agreement, plus any earned outstanding payments currently owned to affiliates. If you have changed your contact information, please update your profile at LinkShare so you can receive your final commission check in a timely manner.

The Orange County Choppers will no longer be operating as of March 31, 2010.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Not totally unexpected after this news story from February:
    American Chopper, the TLC show reality about the family-owned custom-build motorcycle business Orange County Choppers, has been cancelled.

With the constant feuding of Orange County Choppers owners The Teutul family, the show's cancellation doesn't exactly come as a surprise for some viewers. After six seasons, the show sadly ends tonight with unresolved problems between the Teutul men. Paul Teutul Sr. recently filed a lawsuit against Paul Jr., adding to the family drama.
    The last line from joyaz
    The Orange County Choppers will no longer be operating as of March 31, 2010.
    sounds like the whole business is shutting down.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

No, Paul Sr is running OCC and the wording of that email was very misleading. The AFFILIATE PROGRAM is shutting down.

That's what I meant to say, the email made it sound like the business was shutting down and not just the affiliate program. Not a very good choice of wording by whoever wrote it.

My guess is they are thinking that without the program they won't be selling much stuff through affiliates. Or it could be somehow related to the lawsuit.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

It wasn't that long ago when they switched from Pepperjam to Linkshare. It gets old having to change products, links, banners ... and now removing stuff.

There's no mention of affiliate program at all on the OCC site so I don't think they're flip-flopping to another network.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread