Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Post your April Fools pranks here
    This article lists several good April Fools pranks.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...=1&f=103943429

ABW Ambassador
    Couple of ABW ones

Wedding Bells Are About to Ring
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...=trust+married

OMG I Might Be On A Reality TV Show
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...=trust+married

TechCrunch claims this is the definitive April Fools' Day Pranks list. YMMV

http://techcrunch.com/april-fools-shenanigans/

How incredibly uncreative -- posting or otherwise pulling off a good April Fool's joke, then posting it to a list? Where's the intrigue and spontaneity in that??
    Generate more fake news.

Our local radio station did a news report in the half-hourly news as well as making it a top topic of the day (they do this every day with one news topic) including interviews with the BBB, "professors", a politician:

Starting June 1, the German government has issued a new postal fee of 1 cent per email. To be charged like Text Messages on your phone. It is expected to raise over 200 milllion euro.

They kept it up until 10am when the morning show ended. You should have heard the calls they were getting!!

*laugh*

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    A restaurant I occasionally frequent sent out this email this morning:

Dear XXXXX Customers:

It's been 2 years since XXXXX opened on March 2008. We are proud to offer organic and vegan cuisine to this community.Not only offering innovations of new cooking style, but also all of our teams at XXXXX are always excited and eager to serve you everyday and every moment for your smiles that come to achieve your best life through healthy and delicious meals.

However, it was very hard to operate business with current difficult economy. And today, we regret to announce to close XXXXX as of March 31, 2010.

This is the hardest moment for us to say "Good by", but we never regret our achievements we have done for these years.Your smiles and appreciations to our hard work are the best rewards of our life.

Thank you very much for your support and we wish your happy life.

Sincerely,

Sohei Kozaki

P.S.

No No No.

Are you surprised?

I hope you are.
    Today is April fool.

Closing XXXXX? Hell no!

Let's close old XXXXX as of March 31,2010. Good by!

Now, We will open "new" XXXXX on April 1. New XXXXX is even better!

As of April 1, we will have new summer business hour with new menu items.Also we extended our special anniversary course by April 15.

Here is the announcements of "new" XXXXX. Here we go:
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I'm still in the middle of mine. Will update when the day ends

I just realized that today is my seven year anniversary as a shopkeeper with CafePress. And nobody sent me a card or nothin'.

http and a telephoto
    Texas Motor Speedway claimed that a prominent DJ was going to legally change his name to TexasMotorSpeedway.com for a year for $100,000. Since it was posted 2 days ago it was reported as "real" news by all media outlets including ESPN. They are *not* pleased with the track to find out today it was an April Fool's Joke.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I really wanted to get my brother-in-law! He's definitely a ladies man, sometimes not the most gentlemanly about it, so since I have the current means, I peed on a pregnancy test and taped it to his front door in an envelope that just said, "Call me! We need to figure this out!"
    No name.
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    They are *not* pleased with the track to find out today it was an April Fool's Joke.
    One of my sites is NASCAR related and I was quite po'd this morning when TMS said April Fool.

When I first saw the initial press release a couple days ago, I went to the radio station web site and there was a story about it on there, including quotes from the DJ. With as much information as there was, you had to figure it was real.

Actually it was just a very elaborate joke that will result in instant deletion of all TMS press releases that hit my inbox. I can take a joke but don't waste my time like that and expect any good stories about your business. I'm sure there are a lot of other people around the country that spent time checking out the story before reporting it that feel the same way.
    Last edited by JCSupSvc; April 1st, 2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: rephrase last para.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSupSvc View Post
    One of my sites is NASCAR related and I was quite po'd this morning when TMS said April Fool.
    You have a Nascar site? We need to talk We were in Martinsville this past weekend. Shoot me an email at dc at awesomewreckage.com (not affiliate program recruiting related )

Best race of the year so far. Watch for one from JCSupSvc at gmail
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    A restaurant I occasionally frequent sent out this email this morning:
    Dear XXXXX Customers:

It's been 2 years since XXXXX opened on March 2008. We are proud to offer organic and vegan cuisine to this community.Not only offering innovations of new cooking style, but also all of our teams at XXXXX are always excited and eager to serve you everyday and every moment for your smiles that come to achieve your best life through healthy and delicious meals.

However, it was very hard to operate business with current difficult economy. And today, we regret to announce to close XXXXX as of March 31, 2010.

This is the hardest moment for us to say "Good by", but we never regret our achievements we have done for these years.Your smiles and appreciations to our hard work are the best rewards of our life.

Thank you very much for your support and we wish your happy life.

Sincerely,

Sohei Kozaki

P.S.

No No No.

Are you surprised?

I hope you are.
    Today is April fool.

Closing XXXXX? Hell no!

Let's close old XXXXX as of March 31,2010. Good by!

Now, We will open "new" XXXXX on April 1. New XXXXX is even better!

As of April 1, we will have new summer business hour with new menu items.Also we extended our special anniversary course by April 15.

Here is the announcements of "new" XXXXX. Here we go:

They felt it necessary to send a follow-up this evening:

The previous newsletter "XXXXX to close" was April Fool joke. We will not close and continue to serve you everyday for your smiles through our innovated vegan meals.

But some of you did misunderstand and take very seriously. I am very sorry for confusions that you may have caused.

Although the message was controversial, I receive 38 replies, positively (funny, awesome) and negatively (bad joke, not funny) in just only 8 hours.

I understand that these massive feedbacks are positively, how XXXXX is loved by our customers, and all of our XXXXX team members will be proud for the hard work to offer great meals and serve customers.

Yes, we will continue to serve you to impress through XXXXX experience. Please note that new summer business hour starts today April 1, 2010 (This is true)

Once again sorry for the confusions that you might have caused, and thank you for your understanding.

Please continue to support XXXXX.
    Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sohei Kozaki
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    Like the above restaurant, I think some people learned very hard lessons about April Fools Jokes backfiring.....

Some network marketing website yesterday announced that Vemma and MonaVie were merging! Our switchboards, twitter, facebook, and emails went crazy about 3 pm on March 31. It took some sluthing to find the owner of the site was in the Netherlands and to make a long story short, he is probably not a happy camper today for all the work that he caused when it hit the fan. It took about 45 minutes for the site to change and an "April Fools" caption had been added. Turns out that the netherlands are about 8 hours ahead of us, so his autopost went live at 12:01 am on April 1 in the Netherlands!! Middle of the day for us.

Can't wait to go into the office tomorrow to see how things turned out. BK had to even go make a video, send out emails, tweets, etc. to smooth over the damage that was done. Can't imagine what the staff over at MonaVie was doing!

All I can say is pick your pranks carefully :/.

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guinness618 View Post
    I really wanted to get my brother-in-law! He's definitely a ladies man, sometimes not the most gentlemanly about it, so since I have the current means, I peed on a pregnancy test and taped it to his front door in an envelope that just said, "Call me! We need to figure this out!"
    No name.

Nice!! You'll have to let us know how this one turns out. Pretty clever by the way!

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread