View Poll Results: The Day After Tomorrow - Worth it?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • The movie rocks! Go see it.

12 57.14%
  • It's just OK. Wait for video.

6 28.57%
  • It licks. Skip it completely.

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm thinking of going to see the movie 'The Day After Tomorrow'. I've heard both good and bad things about it, undecided if I want to see it or wait for it to come out on video.

For those who've seen it, is it any good?
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

I thought the movie rocked!

Sure, it had stuff that didn't make sense, but that's what it is, a fantastic summer flick.

Just suspend disbelief, and enjoy the ride

Oh, and I think this is a movie to be experienced in a theater (unless you have one of those huge, state of the art home entertainment centers which can compete with a movie theater).

It's worth the money. At least for a couple of intense scenes and some great special effects.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I saw it yesterday and it was worth the matinee price. (I don't think ANY movie is worth prime time prices, Lol). It's nonstop action/intense scenes the whole 2 hours, right from the first scene. The wolves though had to be the fakest looking creatures I've seen in a movie in a long time! Lol. Definetly a movie to see in the theatre due to some awesome shots. I'd say go see it.

Linda

If you're a special effects fan like I am, go see it!

It was ho hum.

It's all been done before. Not much very new or exciting. Trite doom's day scenerio. Short on plot and character development.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Only if you haven't seen Harry Potter or Shrek 2.
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Risible

Add it to the equaly risible Troy 2 weeks ago and I refuse to make it 3/3 with Harry Potter this weekend. I'll drop the family off at the cinema and go MTBing instead.

Concept is good, action and special effects sequences are awsome. What plot that there is, is mainly a device to hang the special effects off.

Despite the poor dramatic plot (and, as Ssanf says, the recycled storylines) it hangs together quite well, raises some interesting points for you to think about, and is great fun.

It's directed by the same guy who did Independence Day - so if you enjoyed that, you should enjoy this
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    (Risible means laughable, right?)

I'll wait for this movie to show up on cable.

If you're looking for something fun to do, go see Simon & Garfunkel in concert if they're in your area. We caught their show last night and it was amazing. I didn't want them to stop playing and I didn't want to go home.

o/~ They call me Baby Driver
    And once upon a pair of wheels
    Hit the road and I'm gone - ah
    What's my number
    I wonder how your engine feels
    Ba ba ba ba
    Scoot down the road
    What's my number
    I wonder how your engine feels. o/~

I saw this movie last weekend. I left with a profound sense of loss - a loss of $6.00 to be exact. I'm a sucker for the big screen summer flicks and special effects, but the story is SOOOOOO bad that the effects couldn't make up for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhea:
    (Risible means laughable, right?)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but not funny laugh - a kinda sour derisory laugh.

One of my favourite parts was the news crew out reporting on how massive destructive tornadoes were springing up without warning all over the place .... from a helicopter

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'll wait for this movie to show up on cable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't wait until then. This is one of those movies that will be "ho hum" on a small TV. This movie, due to its awesome special effects and sound, is best seen on the "big screen". While the movie, as other posters have said, is somewhat lacking in acting/story, the special effects more than make up for it. Overall, very entertaining summer flick.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Both this movie and Troy were awesome.

Harry Potter 3 however was boring as hell

I would not pay full price, matinee, but there are some great speacal effects.

cheers,

Nothing special as far as plot, acting etc. go, but if you like special effects, it's pretty good and better seen on the big screen. There's at least one moment that is truly scary, and a few interesting things that make you think a bit. Not great, but not too bad.

I saw it yesterday (total of 6 people in the movie theater to see it), I ignored the unrealistic plot and just went along for the ride and really enjoyed it... and yes, the wolves are very unrealistic.

I went with a science buff - he couldn't enjoy it becacuse of the inaccuracies. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Definitely in the running for the Best Comedy Oscar

It was so terrible.

The dialog is absolutely ridiculous as is the whole screenplay.

The idea is cool and some special effects are cool and the intensity is cool, but script is so glaringly bad that effects seem very secondary.

Go see it, but leave after the first half hour so a bad taste doesn't develop .

The only decent thing taken from this movie was that bit about the Mammoth in the museum. It gave you an idea of what those animals and people went through right before the ice age.

One for the small screen. Anyone who likes their films gritty and edgy, with a side of utter tension. If you like Quentin T style films, load this one up in your Netflix queue:

City of God.

"Busca-Pe (Alexandre Rodrigues) lives in Cidade de Deus (City of God), a housing project reputed to be one of the most dangerous parts of otherwise magical Rio de Janeiro. He's frightened he'll end up like the countless others around him -- troubled, violent or dead. But his saving grace is his photographer's eye, through which the stories of several people who live in this forsaken "city" unfold."

Wow. This film is brutally realistic in its violence and simply too close to home related to the gang culture in many countries.

So I finally saw it. The movie is really about the special effects, with a really loose story based around that. The story itself is actually borderline ridiculous, but the special effects were so cool, I think it was still worth the price of the ticket.

I wouldn't wait to see it on video unless you've got a big screen at home. Special effects movies need to be seen on the big screen.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Warning.. spoilers ahead! Stop reading now if you haven't seen it!
    What I found really daft was the way that the Dennis Quaid character battles his way up to New York to rescue his son. And what does he do when he gets there? He radios for help! Surely they could have cut out most of the plot by just radioing for help using the set on the Russian ship? Talk about a plot cop out
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Cut that out of the plot? How? That WAS the plot!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Warning.. spoilers ahead! Stop reading now if you haven't seen it! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**Ignores warning in order to evaluate whether to bother with this movie**

EW, for him to do "that" sounds super lame...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast