Share your experience about joining SAS as a Merchant
    In my intro thread I mentioned that I am using PAP in house software for my site. I have a veterinary advice website that has been up and running for a year now and I am just lauching out into looking for affiliates.

Many folks in my intro recommended SAS over in house software. I can definitely see the benefits but I am just not sure that I will make enough sales to make the $500 pay off.

What are your experiences with joining SAS. How many active affiliates did you get?

Every program is different; it won't help your program much to know that some other program gained 200 affiliates in their first week - or is still waiting for their third affiliate after 6 months. If your program is capable and well run you will be successful. If it is poorly run, no network can make it perform for you.

There are dozens (at least) of threads from new merchants asking the same question, so maybe reading around might give you lots more information than waiting for new and possibly unrelated information. Try using the search to find related information that can help you gain more perspective. Good luck.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMarie View Post
    In my intro thread I mentioned that I am using PAP in house software for my site. I have a veterinary advice website that has been up and running for a year now and I am just lauching out into looking for affiliates.

Many folks in my intro recommended SAS over in house software. I can definitely see the benefits but I am just not sure that I will make enough sales to make the $500 pay off.

What are your experiences with joining SAS. How many active affiliates did you get?
    Marie - think about your comment.... If YOU are not confident that you will make enough sales to cover your $500 one time set up with SAS, WHY would an affiliate take your 25% commission seriously???
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I'm really on the fence but I am actually considering SAS....I guess I just have a fear that no one will pick up my program. But the response here has been favourable so it may take off.
    Dr. Marie runs an [URL="http://www.askavetquestion.com"]online vet advice[/URL] site which offers [COLOR=RED]25% commission[/COLOR] to all affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    DrMarie, I sent a PM to you. I am not sure that you can read it or not as you may not have got the PM privileges yet. In case, you cannot read my PM, send PM to me with your email address so I can forward the original response that I sent. My proposal would eliminate the risk on your end completely so you can move forward with confidence. My investment will only pay off if your program succeeds in SAS. I am doing this as I believe that your program will be a success in SAS

Joining SAS has been the greatest experince ever
    I have been using affiliate programs for over fifteen years and SAS has been the best affiliate program out there.

We just signed up with SaS just this last Tuesday. Their sign up process has been thought our very well and is easy to follow. However when implementing the tracking code for testing, we had some difficulty trying to pull the "order id" from aMember's receipt number field (SaS is currently helping us on that right now). We were able to pass the tracking code test; SaS recorded the transaction amount and transaction type just fine.

This Friday, we are going live. I am very excited about launching our affiliate program with SaS and their affiliate community. I'll update this thread as we go along the way.

Thanks ABestWeb members and SaS for making affiliate marketing much more understandable!
    Last edited by jon.a; April 30th, 2010 at 02:19 AM. Reason: grammer...

We had fixed the problem with SaS's tracking code and aMember today and now our program is live. SaS was not too familiar with aMember software but now they do. It was a good learning experience to go through for both of us.

I'm looking forward to the tour tomorrow. We just received 3 affiliate applications wanting to join our program after the first hour.

After setting up our program, I'm reasonably optimistic with SaS and look forward to a very beneficial relationship.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Are you complaining already????

It can't be a month or so since you came to us with an idea that many thought was a good one.

Glad you joined SAS~

You're not large enough to be seen or taken seriously on many of the other networks...

Take your time and tell people WHY they should join your network..

Joining a network is an investment and NOT a magical solution to all of your needs...

It takes time, patience and perseverence to create a successful Affiliate program...

And lots of work on your part to make it STAND OUT.

Good Luck!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

@RemodelingGuy:

Hi! I appreciate your welcome and your suggestions!

Yes, I do share your viewpoint with investing into a network and the time, patience, and perseverance to make this succeed.

Although new to affiliate management, I'm learning and applying a lot and having a lot of fun doing it

Affiliate Manager Resume Companion's Avatar
    As a fellow merchant we've signed up for SAS several months ago but havent actually formally launched because we want to make sure that our product is bulletproof, converts as optimally as possible, is at the right price point, etc etc.

We're also busy getting positive reviews from blogs and other sites. which helps to confirm whether we're doing the right things our customers and the market wants.

When we're finally at the stage where we are confident that our site is optimized to the extent that it can at this stage, we'll open up our affiliate program at SAS and recruit quality affiliates.

Like what others have said, its a investment on the merchants end. But its also a investment on the affiliates end - putting up banners and links, writing articles, marketing, etc etc. As merchants, we should do our part and make sure that affiliate's work isnt done in vain.

Good luck!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Most of the benefits of joining SAS are advertised - for example, their ant-parasite stance.

But there's so many benefits that aren't "officially" displayed: Shareasale is a dozen HUMANS with REAL NAMES who 1) Care about the industry and 2) Care about your program.

It feels like Brian, Carolyn, Sarah, Jason, Nate, Emilie, Jessica, Mike, Brent et al work for me, and they look out for me 24/7.

And they're all fun! Most of this biz is drudgery work - copying and pasting, datafeeds - but as soon as any SAS employee enters a room, things lighten up.

On the other side, they attract a certain kind of affiliate, the kind that are relationship driven, that understand that a merchant and an affiliate are partners - they need to communicate to get results.

For example: today I got the SaS transaction email and it said "The affiliate who made the sale was Rexanne - Click here to give her a bonus. I immediately emailed Rexanne and busted her chops. A few minutes later, another SAS email, and the aff was again Rexanne! I won't embarrass her and tell u what I emailed her - LOLOL

Point is, because it was SAS, it wasn't sale = money. It was a sale for someone I know and can root for!

Look at the $500 sign up as getting to hire all those people I named earlier... forever!!!!! It's a bargain!

All my best,
    Billy

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread