Minimum payout?
    I currently have a $20 minimum payout on my newly launched affiliate program. Affiliates make 25% on either an $8 or a $15 sale.

The more I think about it it seems kind of unfair to wait till someone has $20.00 to pay them when they sent me business.

Is there any drawback to offering a no minimum payout other than the fact that I will need to be doing paypal masspay for a lot of people with small amounts?
    Dr. Marie runs an [URL="http://www.askavetquestion.com"]online vet advice[/URL] site which offers [COLOR=RED]25% commission[/COLOR] to all affiliates.

With no minimum payout it is possible you may find your customers signing up to be your affiliates for a one time rebate. If you prefer not to have your affiliates wait and it is an in-house program you can set up to pay on a time basis. (Once a month, every 3 months, etc.) Good affiliates should be able to send you sufficient traffic to earn regular paychecks.

Have you thought of a Pay per Call program such as those offered via RingRevenue? When you are not selling a product so much as a call-in service it could be better suited. Ring Revenue has programs set up on the networks, I don't know whether they also work with independent merchants but it is available in SAS.

I think the $20.00 minimum payout is just fine.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ABW Ambassador
    A minimum of $20 is fine. That is reasonably low and should be quite easy for most affiliates to reach.

ABW Ambassador
    Minimum is something you don't have to worry on a network like SAS. Or you don't have to worry about mass paypal transaction. You already know, paypal gets it cut from the affiliates you send money too. If you want to join SAS and the $550 network fee is the issue, PM me and I may be able to help you out.

Outsourced Program Manager Troy J - JRami's Avatar
    I don't think any program should need to go below about 25 or 20 dollars for a payout. $20 is just fine, there should be plenty of affiliates who will reach that.
    Troy J Foss, Affiliate Manager
    [URL="http://www.bnbtobacco.com"]BnBTobacco[/URL] (affiliates/at/bnbtobacco.com) | [URL="http://kelleyfurniture.com"]KelleyFurniture[/URL] (troy/at/shopimar.com)

In the old days it was very cool to get that first check, even if it was for a dollar. I still remember getting those, and it was a great way to encourage affiliates. This was back when the affiliate industry was so new that most of your new affiliates had never been an affiliate at all, and you were their first impression.

But now I think it is reasonable to set a $20 minimum payout. You are not trying to show an affiliate how cool the industry is or get them excited to even be an affiliate. A minimum also gets them to try to get paid if they see they have earned credit and they know they need just a few more to get to the payment threshold they might just promote you a bit harder when they close.

You can also address the desires of those who want to cash out or are just not being successful by offering to send a check for a small transaction fee ($5 or $10) to any affiliate who wants to close their account.
    Brad Waller | VP, Business and Affiliate Development
    EPage.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You can offer a first sale bonus as an incentive. It is automated in SAS.

Good point Chuck. SAS has lots of bonus thresholds you can set. I set a $10 first sale bonus and another bonus for the first affiliate to 10 sales. You can even set the first N affiliates to a threshold. Thresholds can be sales, dollars, hits, and more.
    Brad Waller | VP, Business and Affiliate Development
    EPage.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    We bump the automated email with a thank you which affiliates really seem to like.

I agree that the $20 minimum payout is fine. Others have $50 or $100 minimums depending on the payout method selected.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread