ShareASale integration question
    OK you guys...you convinced me to go SAS...now I am integrating it.

This is probably a simple question but the SAS integration instructions say this about placing the tracking code:

It is important that this confirmation page can not be accessed without completing a sale or a lead, and also can not be reloaded or refreshed.
    How do you make a page unable to be reloaded or refreshed?
    Dr. Marie runs an [URL="http://www.askavetquestion.com"]online vet advice[/URL] site which offers [COLOR=RED]25% commission[/COLOR] to all affiliates.

Now that I think of it, I guess I could put the code on a page with no output and then redirect to my thank you page. Is that what most people do?
    Dr. Marie runs an [URL="http://www.askavetquestion.com"]online vet advice[/URL] site which offers [COLOR=RED]25% commission[/COLOR] to all affiliates.

You probably don't want to do it that way. It would probably redirect before the tracking pixel loads. Most people just put it on the thank you page.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Michael...but if someone refreshes the thank you page does the sale get tracked twice? And what if they take note of the thank you page url and come back to it another day?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Dr. Marie, it is very common for the thank you page to be refreshed several times. Not sure how SAS handles it but most systems deny additional sales for 24 hrs from the same IP for the same order ID.

SAS tech is very responsive try contacting them through the merchant help system and see if you can get some insight into the proper setup.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    DrMarie,

If you include unique order numbers please let technical support know and they can assist with duplicate protection.

Regarding page refreshing - it is generally a bad idea to let the "thank you" page be refreshed as it could create all kinds of problems with statistics, duplicate orders generated on your end, etc... In my opinion, a "thank you" page should be a dynamically generated page using something like PHP, Cold Fusion, ASP, etc... that cannot be refreshed without a user actually going through a buying process.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread