How many different affiliate programs can I combine?
    This forum is excellent. You helped me a lot, but I have two newbie questions:

1) Is it possible to combine different affiliate programs in order to monetize just one website (domain)? For example, can I join Amazon Associates, AdSense, Commission Junction, LinkShare or some other programs and simultaneously have their widgets and ads on just one website? Iíve noticed that people have aStores and AdSense on their sites, but what about other affiliate programs. Are there any restrictions?
    2) If I join Amazon Associates from Amazon.com, do I get referral fees if people form Europe, South America or Asia buy product through my site?

I understand importance of finding right niche, driving traffic, having quality content on website etc., but these technical questions are mystery to me. I hope youíll help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Welcome to ABW.

Yes - you can have as many different merchants as you want on the same website.

Amazon has different programs. They have Amazon-USA, Amazon-Asia and soforth. You will need to join the area that you wish to promote them in.

Yes, you can join several Affiliate marketing networks but managing all of them, checking all merchants, their offers, notices and much more it a headache. If you are a newbie, i would advice you to do this gradually and dont just bump into the pie, eat it slowly

Also refer to Merchants and Affiliate networks TnC because few have different policies and can waste your time on technical or other issues.

There's not a limit on the number of merchants/networks you can use to monetize a page/website

Make sure to check each network/merchant/offer policies. Some merchants/offers might not accept to be promoted on the same page with other competitors.

A page promoting too many products might be clearly identified as an advertisement and have an extremely poor conversion rate.

Thumbs up Thanks
    Thank you for useful replies.
    I am amazed how quickly you replied me.

Also in case you can combine multiple services on same page, I would not do it in same time.
    Your visitors will not like it and slowly you can loose your ranking or increase bounce rate.

Try which service will work for you in best way by testing of each widget/banner one by one .... if you will use all at once, visitors can be scared :-)
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Viktor Zeman[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/]Quality Unit [/URL][/B] Founder and [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/postaffiliatepro/]Post Affiliate Pro[/URL][/B] developer

I think combine multiple services on same page is a good option qualityunit. It helps in improving the business. Lot of business thinks of running the whole together. Your idea of testing of each widget/banner is best way of knowing what customer wants.

If you use multiple programs on the same page you should do it trying to keep in mind the user experience, hence not plaster your page with 10 banners and hope that someone will click them.

The pages of most websites ( if you don't consider just landing pages ) are monetized using multiple programs, example: one or more affiliate links in the content, adsense on a sidebar, affiliate banners on a side etc.

To better monetize a website you should plan how you'll do it before creating the design, so that you can plan in advance where to place banners and text links.

It obviously depends on what you're promoting: obviously if you want to sell your own product, or a specific product by some merchant than you should not have adsense/other stuff on your page.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread