We know that starting today, more and more people will be calling in their orders and we will not get the credit for it.

To try and combat this, we have added teh following to our site to encourage people NOT to do that!

IMPORTANT HOLIDAY SHIPPING NOTE!
    Many of our vendors are very busy on the phones this week.
    You will see that many of them urge you to call in your orders.
    Make sure to complete your order online FIRST and then call
    them with your order number and your shipping requirements.
    This will make your call much quicker and will ensure that
    your order gets processed and that YOUR item will be reserved!

Maybe it will work, maybe not!

What do you think?? Good idea? Bad idea? I think it is better for both us and the customer.

Sounds like a great idea, IF they don't try the old "reverse play".

I once worked with a CJ Advertiser, and I had suggested him to dynamicly write the CJPID near the phone # (example "1-800-555-1212, please mention code 12345").

Actually, I remember that one publisher wrote to me, why the phone number is mentioned on the site at all. What does he want, that a web site shouldn't mention their phone #? would you buy from a website that hasn't got a phone that you can reach?

quote:
    Originally posted by BMon:
    I once worked with a CJ Advertiser, and I had suggested him to dynamicly write the CJPID near the phone # (example "1-800-555-1212, please mention code 12345").

Actually, I remember that one publisher wrote to me, why the phone number is mentioned on the site at all. What does he want, that a web site shouldn't mention their phone #? would you buy from a website that hasn't got a phone that you can reach?

Ive got no problem with the phone number thing. I think it would look bad if they DIDNT have one. But the fact is (and not necessarily because of merchants) that people naturally will call now because its soo late!

Well.. what can I say.

I don't normally spend much time posting messages because I don't have the time.

However, I will dedicate this message, in hopes that one or two merchants will read and understand...

quote:

Actually, NONE of my customers are going to buy anything from you, if I don't send them to you because of your 800#.

Most savvy publishers won't even bother to test your ability to make sales because they know they can lose up to 80% of their commissions when a prominent phone number is displayed.

I've suffered these experiences in the past. And I know.

To me It makes no sense...

Why would I want to send my customers to you and lose commisions to your 800# when I can send them to your competitor and make more.

The same is true with merchants that wish to deal with parasites. Why should I send you my customers when you help them reduce my commissions.

Don't you merchants realize that my hard work and my content creates the original sale? The parasite only changes my id # to theirs. I send you the customer, but the sale is credited to someone else.

Hmmmm.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] I know.. That's life.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

And I have to deal with it. And I do. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

But one thing is for sure. For every product I sell there are a dozen wanna-be merchants selling it. And I also know, out of that dozen, there will be one good merchant who knows the value of a good publisher like me.

A good merchant is easy to spot. They are the ones that convert well and reward me with lots of commissions.

How do they do that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Well... By following ethical and honest principles, losing 800 #s, and NOT dealing with parasites would be a good start. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I may not be a Super Duper Affiliate Publisher yet...

But I do know better than to waste my time with lower class merchants that treat me like a fool.

And even when I have committed a dozen pages to a merchant's products and am earning thosuands of dollars from them... I also realize that tommorrow, for some reason, the merchant may change his/her attitude and in a matter of hours my commissions could dry up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Well.. That's OK too.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

There are a dozen other merchants flogging the same products. And in a matter of only hours those pages will be directing my customers to their competitors. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

One thing a merchant needs to realize..

All the sales I send you are my customers first! They only buy from you because I send them there.

If I don't advertise your products, you won't get the sale, period! And you won't get it from the parasite either! I have to create the sale first! If I don't have the ad, there is no customer, and there's nothing for a parasite to steal.

Though I may be a lowly little publisher, there are certain merchants making a lot of money because of me. AND.. Those sales can be directed to any merchant I want.

I just wonder how many large merchants are out millions of dollars in sales each and every month, because, somewhere in the past, they treated several super affiliate publishers as fools.

And Merchants... Realize This!!!

Almost all publishers start off small. Some will be a real pain, but a few will become your Bread & Butter. So think before you delete.

Once you lose a good publisher, or publisher-to-be, it's hard to get them back. We tend to remember the good, the bad, and the ugly.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Cow Patch...

Good comments - everybody should be reading what Cow Patch has to say!!

Abigail

Wow! Im in awe!

Essentially, this is exactly what Ive been saying all along.

Unfortunately, my "terminology" isnt that eloquent!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread