Hi All,

One of my sites got zapped big time by Yahoo yesterday. Traffic is down 75%.

Does anyone know if Yahoo had a dance or had an update or whatever else you might call a Yahoo update?

Thanks,

Ken

The first time Yahoo did that to me, all my listings were completely gone from their search engine but everything was back to normal within a few hours.

The second time, about a month or so ago, most of my listings disappeared and are still gone. The only traffic I now get from Yahoo comes from very long search phrases and a few others that were left intact after their original listing. Go figure...

Not sure why they do that... but it has happened to others as well if you check the search engine section of the board.

Catwoman

Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    This happens to almost all of us.

For some reason, ever since the big buyoff of competing search engines, Yahoo has been purging sites left and right. In some cases there is no rhyme or reason to it.

I know I'm not the only one who has useless crappy slap up sites that were set up on a whim and then abandoned, which Yahoo seems to "like" for some reason, and on the other side of the token, perfectly useful and informative sites that Yahoo flushes down the drain like a used kleenex.

One more point in the case for having multiple sites.

I've had very little luck with Yahoo. Several weeks ago one of my sites had about 600 pages indexed and it was doing pretty decent on traffic. Lots of top 10 spots. Lately they dropped that site and the # of pages indexed goes from 0 to 5 alternatively every day or two. I have another site with about 150 pages indexed and it's been in there since my 600 pages got indexed. I have another site that's spidered by Yahoo very consistently and has over 8000 pages indexed. This site never loses traffic (but it's also 7 years old).

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread