Angry No commission generated
    Hi Brian,

Today, my friend has bought a copy of Thesis theme through my affiliate link. The link works, I've tested it, but I don't received any commission by Shareasale.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by nick76 View Post
    Hi Brian,

Today, my friend has bought a copy of Thesis theme through my affiliate link. The link works, I've tested it, but I don't received any commission by Shareasale.
    Did the click from your friend track?

yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Did the click from your friend track?
    Yes!

ABW Ambassador
    Are you sure that your friend didn't then click on a different link? Another affiliate link would overwrite your cookie and you wouldn't get credit for the sale

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Are you sure that your friend didn't then click on a different link? Another affiliate link would overwrite your cookie and you wouldn't get credit for the sale
    Yes! There's only a link about Thesis theme on my home page. I've tested it. I've ask my friend to click in the link and it count as one click. When he bought the theme, it counted as a click, but not generated any sales.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by nick76 View Post
    Yes! There's only a link about Thesis theme on my home page. I've tested it. I've ask my friend to click in the link and it count as one click. When he bought the theme, it counted as a click, but not generated any sales.
    Has your friend received confirmation that the order has shipped? Maybe the merchant doesn't report the sale until after the order has shipped. It would cut down on reversals from canceled orders.

If the order has shipped it would be worthwhile to contact the AM and make sure the click and order were tracked properly on their end.

This also happen if merchant was unable to implement the sales tracking/pixel code, i faced same problem few months before. you can see the referrence click and your friend has the product too.... but sometimes because of this problem, Merchants cant record any Affiliate Sales.

I would suggest contact the Merchant via complete details and pur SAS on the loop too. It will resolve your problem much faster
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Craig Stephen[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://Logoinn.com/affiliate-program"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"][B][SIZE="1"]Logoinn.com[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://Logodesign247.com"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][URL="http://www.logodesign247.com/affiliate/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logodesign247.com[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE]
    [EMAIL="affiliate@logoinn.com"][SIZE="2"]Contact Us[/SIZE][/EMAIL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=30741"][COLOR="Black"]Full [B]PPC[/B] Allowed / [B]30%[/B] flat commission / Unlimited Cookies [/COLOR][[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logo Design[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]24/7[/B][/COLOR]][/URL][/SIZE]

Oh didnt you know lol they turn them off every now and again just to get a few sales for free Never mind keep sending them traffic lol

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by easylife View Post
    Oh didnt you know lol they turn them off every now and again just to get a few sales for free Never mind keep sending them traffic lol
    I'm sure the Thesis theme folks are not turning off tracking, and they are a download and not a shipped product. I would contact them directly through the Shareasale interface to see what happened to your friend's order.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by easylife View Post
    That's a pretty serious accusation there. While I suspect it certainly does happen in the affiliate world, I wouldn't just throw it around without substantiate proof. I hope someone from Thesis or SAS will comment on this thread.
    [URL="http://b6s.net"]My webmasters/bloggers blog[/URL] - [URL="http://israelimom.org"]My Personal Blog[/URL]
    [URL="http://twitter.com/israelimom"]Follow me on Twitter and say hi[/URL]

I see that they are using Paypal as the payment option. I just had issues a few days ago where I placed an order with Football Fanatics through Paypal and while the click tracked in SAS, I never saw a commission.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

I also have a merchant that went to Paypal and sales dropped impressively while traffic climbed near triple. I hope that SAS can find out what issues a PayPal checkout may bring into the picture and see that merchants using PayPal do track sales.

I should mention too that I dropped one merchant after Google checkout repeatedly did not track my own purchases.
    Last edited by 2busy; April 9th, 2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: it's not just paypal

Merchants really need to re-check tracking after changing anything in their payment processing chain. Seems obvious, but most programmers just say "I only changed on thing" and don't bother checking everything that they may affect.

It could be there is a variable that shows the tracking pixel that got called from the merchant processing "success" code that gets returned. PayPal will have a different code returned and may not trigger the ShareASale pixel.

I know this from experience. Luckily we only missed one affiliate sale (I was able to track back the three sales that were processed) that I was able to fix when a programmer made a "tiny little" change and missed that he no longer called the code to display the pixel...
    Brad Waller | VP, Business and Affiliate Development
    EPage.com

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy View Post
    I see that they are using Paypal as the payment option. I just had issues a few days ago where I placed an order with Football Fanatics through Paypal and while the click tracked in SAS, I never saw a commission.
    This can happen if the merchant's PayPal isn't using the same "receipt" page as their other payment methods, and they have failed to setup the "Return URL" in their profile so that it will come back to their site and display a page that contains the tracking beacon.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread