LONDON (Reuters) - British regulators have asked an Internet service provider to make clearer that some of its Web search results are paid advertisements, saying pay-for-placement listings from search provider Overture could confuse consumers....
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...net_wanadoo_dc

All in all a bit odd when the UK is the world's capital for confusion marketing.

Try comparing the price of mobile phone services , or energy utilities, or landline providers and it is almost impossible.

Les

Welcome to England - home of red-tape, over-regulation and excessive paperwork, Oh, I nearly forgot super-high taxes too.

Yeh but don't we make great beer!

cheers,

sharon

I think the best things ever from the Brits are Keeping Up Appearances and Absolutely Fabulous.

I think everyone knows somebody like Hyacinth Bucket, but she's the absolute best! So proper and so rude at the same time!

I think it's important to differentiate the paid results from the natural results, but I'm not sure this is the best way. I think Google used to have it right, when they were over on the right and in a different background color.

Andy

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread