Question Please Help: I've been deactivated from GAN
    There was a release of updated Terms & Policies that I was supposed to accept [and I guess say "yippee!" to] but I missed the "cut off date."
    Note if you have not accepted the new Terms and Policies by Sunday at 3:00 pm PT your account will be disabled and you will have to reapply to Google Affiliate Network.
    I tried to sign into the Google Affiliate Network platform but I can not do it.

There is a message:
    {Your domain.com} has been deactivated from the network. {Your domain.com} should be approved for the network before applying to any advertiser.

Okay, so what should I do now? How do I once again become a GAN affiliate in good standing?

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Rhia7; April 7th, 2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Place an emphasis in the title
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I don't remember getting a new terms notice, but I could have and checked off and wouldn't remember it. Had it been a while since you were in the GAN interface?

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell View Post
    Had it been a while since you were in the GAN interface?
    Hi John,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I had not checked into the GAN interface for a while [it's been a couple of months].

Now I am not sure how to go about re-applying because they stripped away the interface from me

I'm not sure what to do.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Now I am not sure how to go about re-applying because they stripped away the interface from me
    Maybe try deleting your GAN cookies and apply as a new affiliate? You would need to re-apply to any GAN merchants and replace any links you have but it sounds like you would need to do that anyway.

Have you emailed them? I know that Jamie has contact info posted in a lot of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Have you emailed them? I know that Jamie has contact info posted in a lot of threads.
    I have not e-mailed them.

Perhaps contacting Jamie would be a good idea

Thanks for your advice, 2busy

I just sent a private message to the Google Affiliate Network Moderator
    Last edited by Rhia7; April 8th, 2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: a PM has been sent to the Google Affiliate Network Moderator
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate hound posted about this: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131197

Is your GAN account linked to your Google Account? If so, you can try to go through the main page (Where you see WMT, Gmail, Adsense, Adwords, GAN, etc) all the links on your main Google Account page. Try clicking that GAN link to see if that will take you to your account.

Hi Ladidah,

Thank you for the link to the similar problem encountered by Affiliate Hound.

I created a special Google e-mail account just for use with GAN.
    I'll try your advice [but not now it's after midnight & the whole ordeal is confusing to me].
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by liuda View Post
    Click on your own?
    I didn't click on anything
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I saw that Bibby wrote in another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    If you're going to spend your time, why work with GAN at all. Why take the chance you will be dropped again? If I was you, I would look for alternatives and never use GAN again. They don't deserve you. You deserve better.

Source: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showp...83&postcount=8

Trying to figure the paths to reinstatement is a pain in the neck
    One wonders if it is worth it especially since GAN might come up with another frivolous reason for dropping me again in the future.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hi Rhia,

Did you try sending this email [ affiliatesupport /at/ google.com ] your info:

1. AdSense Publisher ID (each publisher should receive this when they apply to AdSense)
    2. Google Affiliate Network Publisher ID (only applies to publishers who have at one time had an account with Google Affiliate network )
    3. Primary username (email address)
    4. Website URL

From the post I added yesterday
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131610

I'd like to thank everyone for their help and advice; I'd especially like to thank Jorge for his practical recommendations of steps to follow.

I have reapplied to Google. One main problem I encountered was at one point I did apply for Adsense only so I could continue to be an affiliate of GAN but I never actually applied the Adsense. This created a difficulty when I was asked for my Adsense ID
    After hunting around lots of e-mail and interfaces I found an acceptable ID.
    I received this e-mail:
    Thank you for applying to Google Affiliate Network. You will hear back as soon as possible on the status of your application (typically within 24 hours).
    In the meantime, if you have any questions about Google Affiliate Network, please visit our online Help Center at http://www.google.com/support/affiliatenetwork/ or ask questions on our online Help Forum at http://www.google.com/support/forum/...enetwork?hl=en

Sincerely,
    Google Affiliate Network
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Good Luck Rhia7 - I hope everything works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    Good Luck Rhia7 - I hope everything works out for you.
    Thank you, msladybug.
    After my last post I went out [because nothing is going to happen if I sit around and keep on checking].
    I did not yet hear from Google Affiliate Network.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Google has not contacted me yet about my status.

Applying all over again [and assuming that I am accepted into the network I will have to reapply to all of the merchants {I would like to continue to affiliate with} on the network] and waiting to learn of my status is a "drag" but there was one positive aspect of the reapplication.
    I was able to list all of my sites/domains upfront in one application box. Previously I had only been able to highlight one [domain/url/site] to GAN.
    I think this is a positive change in the [GAN] application process
    Last edited by Rhia7; April 9th, 2010 at 01:48 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I've been reapproved to the network but I have to reapply to the merchants with whom I would like to continue the affiliate relationship.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread