Affiliate Manager
    New Merchant Seeking Advice
    Hello -

I work for a consumer electronics manufacturer and we are planning on joining an affiliate network and managing the program in-house.

The product we're looking to sell is called the Wireless ButtKicker Kit. It's an attachment for your couch that lets you feel the action from movies and games. If you've ever been to a 4-D theater and the seats shook, you've got a pretty good idea of what this thing does.

I'm looking for help and feedback from you pro-affiliates out there. We have ideas about what we think will work, but I'd rather find out if we're right first from you guys.

Our webstore is www.buttkickergear.com
    The product we want to sell is at www.shakemycouch.com

Any advice? What network should we join? What's a competitive commission? is 90 day tracking enough?

I'd love to talk to someone on the phone too, if anyone has a few minutes. Please PM me and I'll shoot you my number if you're interested.

Thanks in advance -

Randy Mullins
    Last edited by loxly; April 8th, 2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: removed manual signature and unlinked links

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Welcome to abestweb. There are a lot of good networks listed here you can join. A 90 day tracking cookie is good. You can always go with more than one network or go exclusive with a network.

Whats your budget? This will really help make a lot of your decisions.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks ParadigmWilliam -

What do you mean by our budget? - how much we are able to spend to get into a network?

We were looking at the Google Affiliate Network which costs about $2,000 to start. Are there any that are better suited to consumer electronics? Any I should stay away from? We're not big enough for CJ.

It's a $299 product - what do you think at good commission is for that?

Thanks again.

Randy Mullins
    Last edited by loxly; April 8th, 2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: removed manual signature

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread