ABW Ambassador
    Banners by Sizes
    I was wondering about this everytime when I went to CJ interface to grab banners from my merchants:

Why there isn't an option to choose the banner by size?

If I want to get a specific size of banner, I have to look through all the banners to find it. Some merchants have pages of banners, imaging I was flipping through page after page...

CJ interface is on top of my favorites. I couldn't figure out why there isn't a simple drop-down list of banner sizes for affiliate to choose from. SAS has it, LS has it, GAN has it too I think.

Or maybe there is a way to choose banners by sizes and I have been missing it for all these years?

I figure I'd better come here and ask.

I hope I am not misunderstanding the question.

1. Choose the merchants you want from the "By Relationship" section of "Get Links".

2. Click on "View Links" for that merchant.

3. Right under "Language and Targeted Area Filter" you'll see "Additional Search Options". Click it.

4. A list including "Promotion", "Category", "Link Type", etc... will come up right below the "Additional Search Options".

5. Go to "Size" on that list and it will bring up a list of banner sizes. Just highlight and click the size you are looking for.

6. Go up and click "Find" and, if available, that size banner(s) will be listed.

If the size isn't available, try clicking "Other". Some popular sizes like 728x90 are list under "Other".

Hope that helps.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Snowfinch for your post.

Actually I was talking about getting links from the merchant interface. Here is how I do it:

Login to CJ homepage

--> My Advertisers (at the bottom of the homepage)
    --> choose the merchant
    --> go
    --> it will bring up the "Advertiser Detail" page

From there, I can view all the details and get links/banners. There isn't an option for choosing banner by size from there.

Are you guys all getting links/banners from "get links" as Snowfinch described?

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post

If I want to get a specific size of banner, I have to look through all the banners to find it. Some merchants have pages of banners, imaging I was flipping through page after page...
    Hi MayFly - We just launched a program for Eyeglasses123 in LinkShare and if you're a linkshare user you may want to check out the program. We have their banners listed by size. Easy to find. More will be uploaded today. What's your niche?

Wow...that was just...ok anyway.

Back on track:

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    you guys all getting links/banners from "get links" as Snowfinch described?
    That's how I do it as well. To be honest I've never, until now, really paid attention to the "My Advertisers" at the bottom of the main page, heh. I've always just gone straight to the My Relationships area to find links (and banners on the rare occasion).

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah The AIM Group View Post
    Hi MayFly - We just launched a program for Eyeglasses123 in LinkShare and if you're a linkshare user you may want to check out the program. We have their banners listed by size. Easy to find. More will be uploaded today. What's your niche?
    That is rather poor taste, a blatent plug that is completely unrelated to the original thread

Sorry, guys, totally didn't mean it to be. Was just trying to be helpful to Mayfly.

I suppose my point is that the merchants also have the opportunity to list their banners in order of size, not just the networks. If the mediators would like to remove my earlier comment feeling that it's a plug, thats ok.

Sometimes just don't make my points as clear as I want them to be.

Sorry!

I put in a request to the admin to help me edit my first post. The point I was trying to make is that merchants and affiliate managers also can help making banner searches easier by putting the banners into size categories. It shouldn't matter which network the program is in. The category names could be 88x31, 120x60, 728x90, etc and have the banners all shown there, by size, rather then banner name.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah The AIM Group View Post

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy View Post
    That's how I do it as well. To be honest I've never, until now, really paid attention to the "My Advertisers" at the bottom of the main page, heh. I've always just gone straight to the My Relationships area to find links (and banners on the rare occasion).
    I like to view merchants' details before adding links/banners onto my site. As far as I can see, the "Advertiser Detail" page is the best place to start.

I'm so hooked on the "My Advertisers" drop-down menu that it almost drove me crazy last time when CJ messed up the list.

It is interesting to know how different we do things.

I hope CJ will add a little "banner by size" feature to the merchant detail interface. Shoudn't be that hard, right?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread