Affiliate Manager
    Looking for an outisde Affiliate Manager/Group
    I am the co-founder of CatholicMatch.com. We have been in business over 10 years and have tried a couple different affiliate programs. None of them have really impacted our business. Last fall we decided to try one last time with commission junction but really invest some resources and energy into building the affiliate program.

For the last 6 months we have been working with CJ to "get it off the ground" however I have been a bit disappointed in the results thus far but since we really did not have any better option we stuck with it. Now I think it is time that we hire and outside person/group to manage our program and really get it going.

Obviously there are a lot of services out there including many on this site but I am looking for any guidance/experiences other merchants have had with affiliate manager services. We are the number once site in our vertical and our market is much larger than Jdate however we just have not had the right combination to make our program a success.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Here are some good links to read up
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93894
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89073

Here are a list of OPM
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236
    There are others that maintain a presence on here but are not listed on there.

p.s. An affilaite program needs time to grow and have somebody at the hands of the ship. It will not grow exponentially tomorrow nor next week if you do not have time/resources to recruit, manage and push the program to the next level.

I doubt that you can do that with PPC, Shopping Comparison, etc.. maybe SEO, you might get lucky but everything needs time and resources to manage it.

All the best

Affiliate Manager
    Eric:

Thanks for the links. I agree with you 100%. In the past we simply have not dedicated the money or time to make the program successful. But this time I am committed to do that which is why we went with CJ and even bought into their development program (although I question it's value). After 10 years we know what we do well and what we can do well in-house. Affiliate Marketing is simply not one of those things.

-- brian

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    You can always hire a person to have the person in-house or outsource it. OPM. Outsource Program Manager.

Or if you want to handle it and learn the lingo, stick around here.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Dating is tough and very niche. Have you spoken to networks like Spark Networks? They are in Utah and I can introduce you.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe View Post
    You can always hire a person to have the person in-house or outsource it. OPM. Outsource Program Manager.

Or if you want to handle it and learn the lingo, stick around here.
    Eric:

I have no desire to become well versed as an affiliate manager. But we do need an outside manager/group who will take ownership of our program and grow the business. It is VERY difficult to sift through all the marketing material out there of people providing this service. Before we hired someone full-time a few years ago to run all our PPC programs he had the same problem with outside PPC management services.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Dating is tough and very niche. Have you spoken to networks like Spark Networks? They are in Utah and I can introduce you.
    Hi Chuck:

Spark is actually a competitor. We do not compete in all their vertical but we do in the Catholic vertical. We of are much larger than their Catholic site but they of course can leverage across all their verticals.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread