The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Should I complain?
    It seems that David's Bridal extends all actions, whether it be sales or leads. So, I checked my reversals for February and found that every lead that resulted in a sale was reversed. The reason is "duplicate order". Now all sales had a lead too, so I guess you buying a dress doesn't mean you also completed a registration form. But now I see from my stats every lead that was accompanied by a sale was reversed (there was also one that didn't result in a sale was reversed.) Should I complain or just grin and bare it?

Note: No sale although they have all been extended has been reversed as of yet so that's good.

Also, I have emailed them several times about unrelated matters and have only receieved one reply so their affiliate team is definitely not dedicated.
    Last edited by oranges; April 9th, 2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: fixed spelling
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Complain by running it through the CJ help system. The key to the game is not letting the automated response die. If they don't give you a straight answer keep responding but make sure you follow the procedure.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Doesn't surprise me to see this merchant doing shady stuff. My brother's wedding was all done thorugh David's Bridal and the experience and customer service was horrible. My daughter's (a bridesmaid and the flower girl) got their dresses in a wad and completely wrinkled which they refused to iron - "That's an additional $$" - Arghhhh - My mother had the largest bridal salon on the west coast for years. A dress never left that store without looking perfect and ready to wear.

There is no excuse for poor customer service or screwing affiliates. This merchant is only scrambling for profits, not long term customers or affiliates.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Oh and hell yeah you should complain!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Yea, reminds me of Hostgator right now. It went from 50% extended to reversed to 100%. Be careful now, more merchants are screwing over affiliates.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread