Angry OnSale Decides To Avoid Paying Commissions
    By deciding to slash their action referral period from 15 to 7 days, OnSale has effectively decided it wants to avoid paying commissions to their affilaites.

We're seeing more and more rogue merchants who want affiliates to work hard and drive traffic to their sites but don't want to live up to their end of the bargain.

It's time affiliates unite and tell them where to go.
    Last edited by bibby; April 10th, 2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Bibby,

How can they refuse to pay? Maybe we should create a site affiliates that suck dot com. Put there name on a list where people have been reported as being cheated.

Please let me know what actions can be made to fight back against shady affiliates!
    [URL=http://www.the-best-web-hosting-service.com/]Best Web Hosting Service[/URL] [COLOR=Blue]- Quality Reviews![/COLOR]

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silver93350 View Post
    Bibby,

How can they refuse to pay? Maybe we should create a site affiliates that suck dot com. Put there name on a list where people have been reported as being cheated.

Please let me know what actions can be made to fight back against shady affiliates!
    Merchants, not affiliates!!
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

sorry been a long day staring at the sun merchants that don't pay dot com.
    [URL=http://www.the-best-web-hosting-service.com/]Best Web Hosting Service[/URL] [COLOR=Blue]- Quality Reviews![/COLOR]

sorry been a long day staring at the sun merchants that don't pay dot com.
    We can post here on ABW, every time a rogue merchant changes their terms in this manner. We can drop these merchants. If they have much fewer affiliates to make FREE money off of, maybe they will think twice before trying to SCREW their affiliates.

ABW posts do well on Google Search, so we can continue to post and maybe next time a potential customer thinks about purchasing from these unethical merchants, maybe they will reconsider.

ok, did you write them and express your frustration with them too? I can't believe how many shady people there are in the world. I guess that is all we can do is write about it here?

ok, did you write them and express your frustration with them too? I can't believe how many shady people there are in the world. I guess that is all we can do is write about it here?
    I sent them an email with a link to this thread.

My experience has been that merchants will not change their mind after I send them an email expressing my displeasure of a change to return days. Most will not return my emails. I think psoting on ABW and showing the web who they are is much more effective.

Fortunately, I haven't had to deal with that yet. Knock on wood. I do run a site that reports scams. There is a spot on my blog where you could write a guest post if you wanted about merchants not paying affiliates. It could help get the word out, too. My site is in my sig and does get a lot of traffic.

PM me if interested. Just trying to help .

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread