Populating vendor products
    Hi Guys,

I am new to affiliate world and I have the following question, perhaps a dummy question. All I need is just a short guidance, I will try to dig on my own afterward.

The question is:

If I have registered on the CJ, signed up for a vendor affiliate program what are the ways to populate their products on my affiliate website efficiently?

Do I copy paste every script link, do the resize for each image to place on my website and do that for every single product, then place manually on my website? Or do I create a MySQL database that holds those products and then through PHP I automatically populate it on the website? Is it necessary or worth to do it through MySQL and PHP or the workload will be similar to straight html?

Please share you experience, if there any other way to do it more efficiently. I would be thankful if you know any other ways than those two I am aware of.

If you want to get products up fast use GoldenCan or PopShops or WebMerge. All of these services have forums here. You can take your time learning the ins and outs of php/MySQL while you use their services.
    In the long run it is best to learn to work with datafeeds via ftp if your goal is to populate your site with merchants' products. There is a lot of info here at ABW to help you sort that out too. Take your time and read around. Ask when search draws a blank. Good luck.

Outsourced Program Manager Troy J - JRami's Avatar
    Ditto to what 2busy said, get ftp access from your vendor and learn to work the datafeeds.
    Troy J Foss, Affiliate Manager
    [URL="http://www.bnbtobacco.com"]BnBTobacco[/URL] (affiliates/at/bnbtobacco.com) | [URL="http://kelleyfurniture.com"]KelleyFurniture[/URL] (troy/at/shopimar.com)

Guys thanks for the quick replies! How do I get FTP access from vendor's website if it is not offered? It is not on CJ, nor I could find on the vendor's website affiliate section, which actually leads to CJ for affiliate program. Is it something that normally requested from the vendor directly after joining their affiliate program directly, through CJ, etc?
    Please shed some light on this.

Quote Originally Posted by falkie View Post
    Guys thanks for the quick replies! How do I get FTP access from vendor's website if it is not offered? It is not on CJ, nor I could find on the vendor's website affiliate section, which actually leads to CJ for affiliate program. Is it something that normally requested from the vendor directly after joining their affiliate program directly, through CJ, etc?
    CJ does have free datafeeds and you can have FTP access or download them to your computer and then publish them with your own php and mysql program.

At CJ - login - click on Account - click on Web Services.

You'll see what to do after you click on web services.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by falkie View Post
    but does the merchant actually have a product catalog? finding that is the first step. if there isn't any, there's no chance for FTPing a datafeed.

Hey BurgerBoy,

Thank you so much! I was looking for this somewhere where the links are. Would never guess that I find it buried under account settings

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread