ABW Ambassador
    In the last weeks I noticed that although impressions are normal the clicks go down. Is adsense no longer interesting for the customer?

carneol

Carneol:

That's not what's happening here. Impressions up, CTR pretty much steady.

hmmmm . . . may be (1)summer season slowdown for part of the world, (2) for your site subjects, no new ads appearing, just the same-old

I think the ads appearing on my sites haven't changed much lately. need a whole new flock of advertisers.

ABW Ambassador
    If ads do not change it is boring. My websites have top positions and I will not change anything on my sites only for new adsense ads.

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    Clicks are way up for me. I had almost 12% click through rate yesterday, with almost a record number of clicks overall.

I've still been getting 8% CTR on mine so far this month. A million times better than I would get with any normal adserver (i.e fastclick).

Cheers

How are you guys getting such high CTR's? I thought my 1.2% was good until I saw this. What format are you running and do you put it on the top or bottom of your site?
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Hi. I find the best place is on the right hand side. See my site here;

http://www.cool-clipart.com

Not a huge traffic site, but it has some pretty good targetted adverts (I guess thats because I like to please Google for spidering, so it has a keyword rich page to grab details from).

Last month, I only did an average of 6% CPR, but this month seems to have gone up quite a lot (in fact, I'm now getting more hits, AND a higher CTR, which is great ).

I wish you luck in getting it to work as well on your site. Maybe send them an email, and see if there is anything you should be doing, which you arn't? :/

Cheers

ABW Ambassador
    I am averaging around 9% for this month.

I have the ads near the top, above the affiliate links on some pages, but below the main content.

Just move things around and see if you can get a better click through rate. Use different sizes, in different locations.

Set up seperate channels so you can measure your click through rates for each different location

Any idea when Google will allow us to use multiple formats on a single page? Would be nice if I could experiment this way.
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Hey Andy, 6% is nothing to be ashamed about. In fact, I think that is darn high. Would you happen to know the average page views / user on your site? I am wondering if the users are clicking on Google because your site is more / less sticky. Interesting stats Andy.

>>>Would you happen to know the average page views / user on your site?<<<

Not many users, and about 500 uniques a day. I get quite a nice amount of traffic from Google (wrote my own little stats program, which is quite cool).

Cheers

Carneol, I was just coming to ABW to inquire the same as you

Yesterday was the lowest clicks and amt since the first month I started using Adsense. Today isn't looking any better unless they have an awesome update soon I've looked around my pages and don't see any Charity adds showing to justify it.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

My clicks are about the same.
    What frustrates me is that over the course of a week the stats are about the same (clicks/impressions) but the $ amount fluctuates day to day.
    Day 1: x number of clicks, y number of impressions = xy dollars
    Day 2: x number of clicks again (or very close), y number of impressions (or close) = 1/10 or less of the dollar value.
    And repeat over the course of the month

odd.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Hey Popdawg, just average it over a month and pretend you have multiple advertisers rotating links on your site (with Adsense, you do actually) and each of them pay you a different CPC or CPM.

The variance in costs really depends on what ads were clicked on. Some are high, some are low. As long as you are getting decent numbers worth your while, it's all that matters in the long run.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread