I have been lurking on the sidelines for a few months now, reading and learning and have seen this question a bunch.

"Where do I find the best deals?"

The answers are always...go to CJ, Linkshare, ShareaSale, etc. A thought popped into my head, what if there was a place where affiliates could go to see every deal that was out there...Networked, Indie, all of them.

Okay, I know this is a perfect world where we knew all and could see all. But if there was a site where you could see every deal that was out there and what it was paying on the various networks, would that be of benefit?

In my mind yes, but the million dollar question is would this be of enough benefit to affiliates to pay a monthly fee of $10 or $20 to get in there and surf all of the deals?

I only ask because I know it would definitely benefit newbies like myself and technically speaking it is possible, but would cost a bunch to maintain so the money would have to come from somewhere to cover it.

I am interested in hearing thoughts.
    Chris Mayr
    When amassed, even dust can become a mountain.

There is a finite amount of intelligence but an infinite amount of stupidity in the universe

ABW Ambassador
    "But if there was a site where you could see every deal that was out there and what it was paying on the various networks, would that be of benefit?"

Not possible, because different sites may have exclusive deals with different merchants.
    I personally would rather negotiate exclusive deals with merchants, than access something that everyone has access to

Well, not so much that it is its own network, but a place that aggregated all of the deals that were out there.

My background is in the on-line auction world and there are plenty of places that do this same thing in that industry.

Essentially making it like a huge directory of deals and where to find them and what they are paying.

For instance if a vendor (we'll use Netflix) is paying $2.50 a lead on CJ and $2.75 on Linkshare, that would benefit the affiliate to see where the best payout was. Or if you are starting a site that catered to a particular group, let's say dart players, so that you could find all of the merchants who had deals in the dart world.

So just a great big encyclopedia of deals.
    Chris Mayr

There is a finite amount of intelligence but an infinite amount of stupidity in the universe

ABW Ambassador
    Anybody who is motivated and industriuous enough to seek out and gather this information should also be sensible enough to keep it to themselves for competitive advantage.

I believe I've seen a half-dozen sites over the last few years that tried to be a directory of merchants offering affiliate deals. They are not always accurate.

http and a telephoto
    It would be impossible to keep up to date, and I doubt serious affiliates would pay for access to such information.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Keep in mind that what I am asking is kind of like an experiment in a vaccuum. Assuming that the information was always accurate in real time from every possible location.

I know that reality is a bugger and that it wouldn't include every deal out there, but using the what if hat.

I have seen these be accurate to within a few hours in the auction world based on data feeds, screen scrapes, and the like so using technology to make sure that it was accurate is what I am talking about.

So in a perfect world if this was possible and you saw that it was always accurate and covered every thing, would this be of use and of use enough to pay for.
    Chris Mayr

ABW Ambassador
    "So in a perfect world if this was possible and you saw that it was always accurate and covered every thing, would this be of use and of use enough to pay for"

No! it wouldn't

Maybe it is just me, but I feel that I should never have to pay for anything relating to the promotion of merchants. I am promoting merchants who pay me for results. Why should I pay to get information that the merchants should be giving me for free anyway?

Any decent affiliate should be able to find the best deals, and negotiate better deals with some merchants.

http and a telephoto
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cmayr23:
    So in a perfect world if this was possible and you saw that it was always accurate and covered every thing, would this be of use and of use enough to pay for. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. I can come here and look at Exclusive offers and browse the merchant forums for deals from merchants.

You could approach merchants about paying to advertise on your site, but first you would need traffic and affiliates that trusted your opinion and since you are starting from no where I see this as an uphill battle that you would not profit from for a year or two at least.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread