"Plane" Humor
    REDNECK HUNTERS
    ----------------------

Two Redneck hunters hired a pilot to fly them to Canada to hunt moose. They bagged four.

As they started loading the plane for the return trip home, the pilot tells them the plane can take only two moose.

The two Rednecks objected strongly, stating, "Last year we shot four moose, and the pilot let us put them all on board, and he had the same plane as yours."

Reluctantly, the pilot gave in and all four were loaded..

Unfortunately, even at full power, the little plane couldn't handle the load and crashed a few minutes after takeoff.

Climbing out of the wreck, Billie Bob asked Bubba, "Any idea where we are?"

(down)

(down)

(down)

(down)

Bubba replied, "I think we're pretty close to where we crashed last year."

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

15 years and counting
    Pretty good!
    In Europe, right now, it takes less than two mooses to crash a plane, just ashes from a volcano in Iceland. All the airports are shutting down.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Got a good laugh out of that one Bill. It should be moose time soon at home in Park City. Will watch out for two rednecks with a plane.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Lol
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

My son's just about to get certified for his private pilot's license, so I always appreciate plane humor. LOL!

Not too comfortable with plane CRASH humor, necessarily.
    Generate more fake news.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    Not too comfortable with plane CRASH humor, necessarily.
    Normally, I can see the humor in it, but we're flying tomorrow for the first time since this happened a year ago.

Poor mooses
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Bill:

Certainly does prove Mr. Einstein's definition of insanity... Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Hmm... wait, maybe there's a parable here for Affiliate Marketers?

Lindy

You can't fix stupid.

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Good one, I just got my private license last year. Sending this over to my instructor.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Quote Originally Posted by ParadigmWilliam View Post
    Good one, I just got my private license last year. Sending this over to my instructor.
    Very cool. Congratulations on getting your license. There are a few pilots here at ABW. Rainmaker and I fly together occasionally. He has a (very fast) Mooney and I have an antique Ercoupe. Are you in a club or do you rent from a local FBO? Where do you like to fly? You're not close enough to Maryland for a fly-in, are you?

BTW - not an original joke. I picked it up at a pilot forum when I "hang out" when I'm not working.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Very cool. Congratulations on getting your license. There are a few pilots here at ABW. Rainmaker and I fly together occasionally. He has a (very fast) Mooney and I have an antique Ercoupe. Are you in a club or do you rent from a local FBO? Where do you like to fly? You're not close enough to Maryland for a fly-in, are you?
    Thanks, I with NMC Aviation. I do get the joy of flying in Traverse City, MI. Very beautiful landscape to fly over and lots of neat little airports to fly into. Also close to Mackinaw Island (If you are familiar with Michigan).

I fly a few different planes but really like this old 85' Cessna 152. I trained on it and grew on me. It's great to fly around the area with. I don't know why they still have it, they have all new planes within 3 years old and then this old 152. Its cheap to fly though but if you are looking to travel it is very slow

But I have a lot of friends who are pilots who fly private planes for people. One of them flies the new Citation XLS, talk about fast.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

really like this old 85' Cessna 152
    1985 isn't very old for an airplane. Most people would probably "cringe" if they knew the average age of the airliners in which they were riding are about that "old."

My Ercoupe was "born" on August 16, 1946, making it almost 64 years old. And it probably flies about the same cruising speed as that 152 - about 100 MPH (yeah, my ASI is still in MPH) or so. The Cessna 150/152 is a great small airplane. It has trained many, many pilots and there are still a gazillion flying. There is one being fully restored at our field - the owner is putting in close to $80K (on top of his purchase price) to bring it back to like-new condition. My antique 'Coupe is actually in excellent condition and I aim to bring it back to near-new condition. Px are here: http://TakeoffsAreOptional.com.

Bill:

just took a look at your takeoffsareoptional site.... makes me drool. To think, when i was back in college I could have gotten my license from our Campus Pilots Club for $785. Geesh, but, it was a lot of money back then. Quick question... what wordpress theme is that site? it's very clean, i like it. (or is it home grown?)

Lindy

Carlin's routines about airlines and flying are classic. "They mention it's a non-stop flight. No, I insist that my flight stop. Preferably at an airport!" "They say get on the plane, get on the plane... F you, I'm getting in the plane! There's less wind!"
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Yeah, Carlin's routines are classic. Funny you used "...I'm getting in the plane! There's less wind!" as an example. With my plane I can fly with the canopy open - just as in a convertible car, which is great on hot days. With very few exceptions, small planes do NOT have air conditioning; but the higher you go the cooler the air.

My Ercoupe was "born" on August 16, 1946, making it almost 64 years old. And it probably flies about the same cruising speed as that 152 - about 100 MPH (yeah, my ASI is still in MPH) or so. The Cessna 150/152 is a great small airplane. It has trained many, many pilots and there are still a gazillion flying. There is one being fully restored at our field - the owner is putting in close to $80K (on top of his purchase price) to bring it back to like-new condition. My antique 'Coupe is actually in excellent condition and I aim to bring it back to near-new condition. Px are here: http://TakeoffsAreOptional.com.
    True, but there's "Old" and there's "Classic". I guess when your club always has new aircraft (special lease, every three years) anything older then that is old. But we do have some nice classic planes to. They just got a nice seaplane last year that I want to get my rating for this summer. Lots of lakes by me, especially Torch Lake (very popular nation wide).

Your site looks great. So you fly for fun or do you mix it with business?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy Rig View Post
    Bill:

just took a look at your takeoffsareoptional site.... makes me drool. To think, when i was back in college I could have gotten my license from our Campus Pilots Club for $785. Geesh, but, it was a lot of money back then. Quick question... what wordpress theme is that site? it's very clean, i like it. (or is it home grown?)

Lindy
    Hi Lindy - Sorry I missed your question. That theme was from a site selling themes but had released a couple into the public domain. No back-link required, either. I, too, like the simplicity of it and it is fairly easy to customize (of which I have done only a very little). Here's a link: http://www.refueled.net/blank-wordpress-themes - It looks like they have changed their site around and moved most of their "stuff" - but that page looks like it still works.

BTW - I learned to fly back in the 60's (yeah, that long ago). I recall it being about as expensive as you mentioned - but I did it at two different airports and with three different instructors.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread