Newbie 101
    I am going to admit I am posting this after only reading 2 threads, but I feel its kind of necessary. I'm actually new in this business. I really want to learn more about affiliate marketing, and am very inspired by the potential of being successful with this type of business.

I would love to partner up with some one that could show me the ropes and learn all I need to know.

I realize everyone is busy off doing their own thing so that is why I kind of feel this thread might be necessary. In any event, lets get to the reason for this post yeah???

I suppose lets give you a little backstory on me as well.........

I have been on a number of other affiliate marketing forums over the past couple months. I have made a few posts here and there, sent off a few PMS, and did some research on this and that, but more importantly I have READ thread after thread post after post. And to be honest I was about to give up on this Affiliate marketing, then I got a check in the mail for $2,966.17 from commission junction.

I don't know what I did or how I did it. One day my balance was $0 and the next it was over $3,000. I haven't been able to duplicate this or make any since. It obviously got me hooked onto affiliate marketing and I have applied to be an affiliate to every advertiser CJ has. I have 2 working websites, 1 under construction and 3 blogs, and a few random banners that friends have let me put up on their site. I am also the admin/owner of an online mafia role playing game. I am not a computer person though. I am not a coder, dont know how to make a website, and barely know how to post in a blog but cant get the pages organized the way i want them.

I have a coder that does all my game work, another coder that used to do my game work building me the one site, and my brother evil eyes me and gives me snide remarks when he has to help me build websites and blogs.

Enough already right????/

So here is my question wait questions.....

I am so new to this and there is so much information out there that were does one start? Let me back up I want to ask intelligent questions, but because this is all so foreign to me I don't know what to ask, where to look, how to look, or even how to read what I am looking at.

For example some one once replied to one of my posts you need to get google analytics & search for CPA's & PPCs.

I had another person tell me to do this when trying to sort my posts on my blog
    Upload 'default_sort_ascend.php' to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory

That is japanese to me.

So if your an experienced vet at this affiliate marketing thing and you know now what you do what would you tell your past self to do first? How would you tell them? What should they read? What should they try to gain valuable experience in? What should they NOT do? What should they subscribe to? What should they pay for? NOT pay for? How should they advertise or NOT advertise?

Is there an approach or campaign that is free I can work at? A tutorial? Absolute first step i should do is.................?

What is considered fraudelent campaigns? I know I have alot of reading to do and alot of catching up to do, but that is why I am making this post first this time. Maybe while I spend the next 3-4 days/weeks/months reading..... some experienced vet out there can come across this and maybe drop me a crumb of help.

I didnt post any of my website addresses on here because I dont know if thats allowed or not but if you want them to review my lack of experience you can send me an email at whispers8021 at gmail dot com or PM i will be reading posts all day again

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND ANY HELP YOU MAY BE ABLE TO PROVIDE.

Good place to start might be the thread from

Newbie AG from Tucson

What I meant was READ that thread! There are some good ideas in there about starting out.

newbie question #2
    A few google searches lately have landed me on this "[Removed]" and "[Removed]" and are they for real???

It seems to me like both of these are just a spin off of late night tv infomericals telling you nothing but offering you everything!!!!

For $197 it sais it will tell me the ins and outs of how to get traffic to my website. Has anyone ever purchased this program? I mean I am sure i can go find it for free as a torrent file somewere but if its legit I dont mind paying the owner their fees but I am not about to buy one of them get rich become a millionaire overnight things.

Has anyone every tried either of these programs???
    Last edited by MichaelColey; April 16th, 2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Removed specifics

jigsaw...

read the magic bullet post in here. you are looking for quick answers. This is a business site.... for serious business people.

I removed the specifics of the "courses" you found. What scammy courses you found don't really matter. The answer will be the same.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I removed the specifics of the "courses" you found. What scammy courses you found don't really matter. The answer will be the same.

Sorry i wasnt aware that they werent to be posted. It wont happen again

No problem. We get a lot of people making posts like yours so that they can spam different get rich quick programs. It doesn't look like that was your intent (which is why you didn't get banned), but I removed the courses. Which specific courses you found doesn't really matter. None of them will get a positive reaction here.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread