Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How to generate traffic without google ads?
    Hello guys, im a newbie in the internet marketing world, so.

I am grateful to have found a forum with people with practice and knowledge about internet marketing

I have a lot of energy that i will use on generate traffic , im no there ask "how to do something" i have Mr. Google for it, but , according to your experience, do you think that having a good website with products to promote ( Clickbanks products and amazon books ) , and 10 hours a day, of work to generate traffic, will be enough to earn at least USD 1,000?

You can think: this guy is a fool, but in my country ( Chile ) i can access to a job and i did for years, to earning at max, USD 600, so, i have to pay University..

Is a hard question i know, because you dont know the niche and my website.

Any answer will help.

Thank you

Thank you!
    Last edited by Danielias; April 16th, 2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: lack of resources

I'll give a try at answering your questions.

I started about 5 years ago and the first year made me $120; the second year I made $1400 (mostly during the Christmas season and much of it from one commission from a diamond ring sale); the third year started well and then Mr. Google decided that he didn't like me as well as before so my income ended up about $300; the fourth year was a disaster with me making $200; this year my Google rankings and pages indexed are up substantially and I am several hundred dollars ahead already.

I use product links and Google AdSense ads; the Google AdSense roughly covers my overhead (domain registration and hosting)

As a suggestion you might start your searching here with the abestweb forum search

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    The internet is an amazing thing. It is easy enough to win traffic organically to highly targeted websites.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

The good website should also have lots of high quality content that's highly relevant to the niche and to the targeted keywords, content that will encourage visitors to click through and buy the products you are promoting.
    Individual results always vary in affiliate marketing. It all depends on the niche and the way you promote your products and website, as well as the merits of and the amount of commission from the products, and the effectiveness of the merchant website landing page. So no one can really say if what you are doing is enough to generate USD$1000 a month.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Useful information about driving traffic can be found in the thread "21 Secrets of Top Converting Websites" from SESNY 2010:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...76#post1009976
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

...learn as much as possible about SEO, open account on twitter and facebook, find online friends and you will see...

Try to put article about your website or link in wikipedia. It'll bring lots of traffic at free of cost.

Betty10 - how do you go about getting a link to your website onto Wikipedia?

Hi bogie,

The best way to get a link from wikipedia or any other wiki site is to sign up for an account and then create an article or entry about a subject which is related to your website. You can then cite your site as one of the references or add it as an external link.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Thanks.

A few things in response:

* Everyone and every niche has different experiences. Each source of traffic and each site will have different results. I would rather spend my time attracting traffic to a site where shoppers and merchants/advertisers can meet instead of to a site where people are just there to get information/humor/friends/etc... Make sure you have a good analytics program set up so you can see who is on the site and what they do once they get there. Make small changes on your site to see if you can increase your click throughs and the time people spend on your site. Sometimes a small change (such as changing on word or putting an extra space somewhere) will double your conversion rate. Keep testing until something (traffic and conversion rates) work.

* For someont to say that "it is easy enough to get organic traffic" frustrates the hell out of many of us who struggle to find quality sources of traffic. New sites have an especially difficult time because you have no online credibility (backinks & length of time online) built up yet.

* Getting a link on Wikipedia is pretty easy, but the problem is that other editors come along and remove your link if it looks like you are just self promoting. This is especially true on high traffic pages. I had a good link for awhile on a Wikipedia page with lots of traffic. The problem was that the traffic had a very low conversion rate compared to my other traffic sources. My link was removed and I find it harder these days to get links to stick.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Which niche will you people suggest over here to earn more money? It is hard to share the business secrets but it will be beneficial for everyone.

I think getting a legit link on wikipedia is very difficult. I'd be thrilled to know how you've made it easy...

In terms of a niche, think of what people buy or research online. Don't expect to make a news site or a photo site and think people will click on offers in the right column. It helps if people are on your site to do some sort of product or service research.

For the Wikipedia link, you just find a page and edit it to make a link to your site. The problem is that it gets deleted within an hour, day, or week.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

No offense but setting up links that may last an hour is a complete waste of time.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozanne View Post
    Which niche will you people suggest over here to earn more money? It is hard to share the business secrets but it will be beneficial for everyone.
    I've worked in 3 different niches as Affiliate Manager, right now I am on Rx business and so far people are getting very good commissions.

It's hard to be objective being in the industry but haven't seen higher commissions around.

why you forget about SEO. If you can optimize your website or blog site for search engine then you can get huge number of free traffic! & social media is also a good place to get free traffic!

Talking
    What I would recommend is to first of all is stablish your financial and marketing objectives, so you donīt give up easily, always remember that you should be ready to change or have a backup plan if something doesnīt work. Thatīs part of learning! Be aware of the ways of attracting traffic and the available budget you have to promote the product. You can begin writting good articles based on your keyword research.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielias View Post
    do you think that having a good website with products to promote ( Clickbanks products and amazon books ) , and 10 hours a day, of work to generate traffic, will be enough to earn at least USD 1,000?
    The answer is yes if you are good enough in both website development and SEO

Affiliate Manager
    The answer is yes if you are good enough in both website development and SEO
    Agreed at some point, don't forget that the product must be as good as the affiliate skills otherwise it won't become a long term earning.

Cheers!

I am in this business for some time now, and learn one thing if you can afford PPC then SEO and SMO are far better options. Social Media sites are the best free source to gain traffic they just cost time.

Affiliate Manager
    I am in this business for some time now, and learn one thing if you can afford PPC then SEO and SMO are far better options. Social Media sites are the best free source to gain traffic they just cost time.
    Not quite clear... If you can or if you can't?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Hi Danielias,

I have family in Chili.

I think if you spend 6 hours a day creating good content for your site and another hour a day reading through ABW, you'll certainly be able to make $1000.00 a month. As you become more involved in building your site, come here with specific questions. The ABW community is a very good resource for affiliate and online marketing knowledge.

One thing to remember is that the niche you choose should be something people are actually looking to buy or searching for information about it. You would know your audience best. Trust your gut feelings about what to promote and what people interested in your niche would be looking to buy or find more information about.

This business can take a while (up to a year or more) to finally take off but once you understand how you made it work, you can just keep doing the same with different sites and grow your income. It's really no different than any other business you might start. It always takes time to build a solid, profitable business. It's no different online, just a different playing field.

Good luck!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Anxious to get started
    Hi everyone, I too am a "Newbie" to internet marketing. My site has been up and active for just about a month. I have managed to attract quite a few advertisers--over 100 so far, and like everyone else, I am anxious to see some success. I think I have pretty good content, and I know I have great revenue generators. I guess my question is what is or is there one best way to really start driving the traffic to the site so people can see what you are offering?

Quote Originally Posted by OICUAM2 View Post

For the Wikipedia link, you just find a page and edit it to make a link to your site. The problem is that it gets deleted within an hour, day, or week.
    That's very true. The times I managed to insert a link there, there was always an "editor" coming in and deleting it.

Also, getting listed at DMOZ is a Mission Impossible to me... Never managed to get there and I tried for years with dif sites. Anyone knows whats the secret to get listed at DMOZ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast