GoDaddy domains taking 7 days to propagate?
    I heard from a friend that it's taking 7 days for domains registered with godaddy to propagate at the hosting service to which the nameservers have been pointed.
    I have many domains registered with godaddy but I registered these domains and configured the nameservers long ago and did not have this kind of issue.
    The problem seems to have just surfaced. Anybody who has firsthand experience with it?
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

http and a telephoto
    That is the "standard". It usually is faster, but lately has been taking longer again, in general, but mostly with GoDaddy. I have a client waiting for an SSL to propagate with GoDaddy and it's taking forever.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    I bought MySprinklerGuy.com on Monday last week, chose the deluxe plan with unlimited hosting and was LIVE ( w/ front page extensions ) on Tuesday.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy View Post
    I bought MySprinklerGuy.com on Monday last week, chose the deluxe plan with unlimited hosting and was LIVE ( w/ front page extensions ) on Tuesday.
    You're hosting with GoDaddy? Ouch!

On another note - I can register a domain at Moniker or eNom and have a working site online usually within a couple of hours. I did this as recently as two weeks ago. I do have a few domains "left" with GoDaddy but don't purchase any there. Rates are a bit lower elsewhere.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I've registered over 200 domains with godaddy over the years, and more often than not, they propogate within minutes. There was one time that it took a little over a day, one time it took about 9 hours, and maybe 4 or 5 times it took a couple of hours. I registered 14 in the past month and every single one of them propogated in less than two minutes.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

On another note - I can register a domain at Moniker or eNom and have a working site online usually within a couple of hours. I did this as recently as two weeks ago. I do have a few domains "left" with GoDaddy but don't purchase any there. Rates are a bit lower elsewhere.
    My hosting company that I have been using for many years is getting freaking expensive as I build more and more sites.

W/ GD, I can have as many domains on my MSG account, as long as I don't exceed a 150,000 megabytes of disk and bandwidth.

That's a ton of 10 page sites in their start up phase.

I'll transfer them if the combined site usage gets close to the limit I guess.

Besides, Danika Patrick is HOT! -

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Purchased with GoDaddy... Hosting with InMotion... got 4 new ones last week.. and they were up on the servers at InMotion in 4 hours

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I am with Bill on this one.

I have a number of domains registered with Godaddy. Never host with them.
    I recently switched nameservers for some domains.......propogation usually takes less than an hour.

Can the slowness be attributed to your host??
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Propagation generally takes only an hour or two for me as well... no matter which of my hosts are involved.

ABW Ambassador
    It takes just a few hours mostly to propagate thru GD

I have never had it take more than an hour to propagate. I buy the domains through Godaddy and host via HostGator. The last batch I did took about 10 minutes a piece.

ABW Ambassador
    "I've registered over 200 domains with godaddy over the years, and more often than not, they propogate within minutes."

That's more my experience. Godaddy/HostGator combo, few minutes, if that.

Maybe the GD slowdown happened last week when GD was setting up and sending out all of the emails that said 're-up all of your domains' and then listed all of your domains - that must have made one or more of their servers groan.

Charles

http and a telephoto
    Most of my domains have been propagating in hours also, but the "standard" is 5-7 days, even if it has been much faster in recent years. And GoDaddy *has* been taking longer for some things. It *shouldn't* take more than couple of hours or days at most, but sometimes things don't work the way we have come to expect.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread