Smile Accounting Software
    What is the most useful accounting software to use for affiliate marketing, i.e., Quicken, Quick Books etc? What does the majority use? Also how do affiliate marketers keep track of all their accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Trafficompiler View Post
    What is the most useful accounting software to use for affiliate marketing, i.e., Quicken, Quick Books etc? What does the majority use? Also how do affiliate marketers keep track of all their accounts?
    Quickbooks and Peachtree Pro are good for any small business. I use Peachtree in my professional life and it's quite adequate for small businsess with few employees.

For most affiliates, just a basic personal finance package like Quicken or Money is plenty. If you have employees, Quickbooks or Peachtree or something professional could be a big help, but it's really overkill when you don't have employees, inventory, invoicing, etc.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

We use QuickBooks Online. It automatically queries the business checking and credit card accounts - and therefore compiles a complete record of all transactions. Our CPA/accountant also has access to the information and can compile reports. All we need to do is make sure everything is classified correctly. Quickbooks "learns" the repetitive transactions so all we really need to do is "classify" anything new or out of the ordinary.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Tax Paying Member
    I use Quickbooks. Have used Peachtree in the past. My choice had nothing to do with affiliate marketing, although QB can be integrated into most shopping carts, if you are also a merchant.

My choice was made because my accountant has access to QB, which makes our communication easier. If you use a CPA for quarterly or year end tax prep then you and your CPA need to be on the same page.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

I use the Quicken Small Business version, it has invoicing and online banking, everything I need without the complexity and expense of QuickBooks.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread