Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My new "favorite" WordPress Theme
    I'm sure (from reading posts in this forum) that many of you are like me -- WP theme "junkies."

I have a new "favorite" WordPress Theme -- PrimePress. It has a rotating header image function that takes ZERO learning curve. Any image you put in the /header subdirectory for the theme will rotate, up to as many as 100. If you don't want to rotate the header image, you simply put just ONE image in that subdirectory, and it shows always on all pages.

The theme offers easily adjustable content width and number of sidebars, plus it has an easy to use "no sidebar" option for any page.

It has the clean, simple look of the default "Thesis" theme, without having to learn all those confusing things about "hooks." (Yeah, I know, I know, Thesis is the greatest, easiest theme ever created ... yada, yada, yada ... LOL!)

Anyhow, I love the theme, and I've not really done much with it yet to realize all the little tweaks available.

Oh, and it's free. And so far, at least, I haven't found any "hidden" or risky codes in it anywhere -- although the author's licensing of it calls for keeping his site link on the right-hand bottom of the footer.

But it's much, MUCH easier to use than Thesis or Atahualpa, in my opinion, so I wanted to call it to the attention of you WP users. Worth a look if you haven't seen it yet.

Just Google "PrimePress" and you'll find it. (Wasn't sure whether to drop a link here to the PrimePress page or not?)
    Generate more fake news.

Thanks for the tip

I like to write -- the hard part is figuring out the theme ;-)
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Looks good, Gary. Thanks. I'm gonna give er a try.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Good find. Is it playing nice with Wordpress 2.9?

Hi, my name is Lindy, and I am a Wordpress-Theme-Aholic....

Confession: some mornings I spend more time looking at themes, installing, and viewing, than writing content.. Is this the room for the 12-step program?

Thanks Gary, you are an enabler.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy Rig View Post
    Thanks Gary, you are an enabler.
    Ah, but if it wasn't me ... you know you'd find some other way to seek out all the bright shiny new things.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
    Good find. Is it playing nice with Wordpress 2.9?
    Seems to be doing so. I have it on two sites and it's doing fine so far.
    Generate more fake news.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Thanks, I'm always looking for a theme to play around with. I have come across a nice adsense theme, called pro sense.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

There are just so many great wordpress themes out there!! I could also spend all day playing with new themes, too. PrimePress looks pretty nice. May have to download it and give it a check under the hood - that's how I decide if I like the theme or not.

My all time favorite themes are Brian Gardner's - and his latest free theme Core is about as flexible as they get.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Oh, p.s., I posted this once before, but I like this theme for video related 'blogs' : http://www.wordpressthemesbook.com/wordtube-video/

You can see one of my sites using this theme at cryptography dot tv ... I love the theme for my .tv domains...
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

http and a telephoto
    All themes are going to need some tweaking to work with Buddy Press, the best new social network creating or community creating software out there. With the death of free Ning and the complexity of Elgg.. I predict Buddy Press to go to the head of the community creating class, and any word press theme makers that make Buddy Press enabled themes are going to be much in demand.

I hope that Thesis will make the needed changes, but in the meantime, the hunt for good free themes is on! I'll check this one out sometime this week WriterGuy... changing my cat/pet sites to Buddy Press. (In my #notsofreetime)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

iThemes are the worlds easiest WordPress Themes
    I would have to say that without a doubt the easiest themes to use (at least for me) and learn are made by iThemes. So much so that since December when I first found out about them, I have switched most of my existing sites to their themes. Granted, they are not free but they are also NOT expensive.

An even more extreme example is that my web development company is focusing on using only their themes for all of our clients. Not only are they easy to learn, they can be completely and EASILY customized. You can even have a different page layout for each area of your website or blog at the click of a button.

For more information you can read more on my site: http://www.ultimatesolution.biz/themes/the-ultimate-solution-to-wordpress-themes-is-ithemes
    Last edited by loxly; April 19th, 2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: unlinked link to site

Quote Originally Posted by WildAmbitions View Post
    For more information you can read more on my site: http://www.ultimatesolution.biz/themes/the-ultimate-solution-to-wordpress-themes-is-ithemes
    Problem is... the link you provided requires me to sign up on your site to read the information. No thanks.

http and a telephoto
    WildAmbitions, if you are going to require a login to read your site you can't link to it from ABW. If you are going to change that page to be open information I'll leave it, but if it is going to stay behind "members only" I'll come back later today and remove it.

I appreciate that you have information that you value, but linking to sites that require payment or membership to see the content isn't allowed.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Be careful when changing a theme for Buddypress, in 1.1 and 1.2 they changed the theme code (php functions) so that previous themes wouldn't work right.
    It was a big pain to have to rewrite my theme integration twice in less than a year just for compatibility.
    It will be great in a year or two when it is more stable and complete.

http and a telephoto
    lostdevient, not to derail this thread, but Buddy Press has come a long way, and I anticipate that when WP 3.0 is released which includes WordPress MU and BuddyPress is an easy to install plugin, most themes are going to have to make changes that will take them well into the future.

BuddyPress is, IMO, now more stable than elgg and is better than Ning or any other service that wants to own your members information.

I use Atahualpa because of all of the options and you don't need to do (or know) any coding to customize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1 View Post
    I use Atahualpa because of all of the options and you don't need to do (or know) any coding to customize it.
    Atahualpa is one of two themes I've tried that have left me completely puzzled. There are so many options in Atahualpa that I simply cannot work with it.

For one thing, they seem to use the term "logo" as their jargon for what I and every theme I've ever seen would call the "masthead" or the "header graphic." At least I think that's one of the difficulties I had.

I actually spent most of one afternoon working with people at the Atahualpa theme forum trying to set up a site with a header graphic that was background for the blog's Title and slogan. Couldn't get it done.

But I know many people DO like Atahualpa and get the hang of it. Maybe it's just me?
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
    Problem is... the link you provided requires me to sign up on your site to read the information. No thanks.
    Oops. It is not supposed to. I am rebuilding part of that site to be membership and have not yet mastered that plugin, LMAO. Sorry. I will try to get it fixed. We are all not yet masters. Please forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    WildAmbitions, if you are going to require a login to read your site you can't link to it from ABW. If you are going to change that page to be open information I'll leave it, but if it is going to stay behind "members only" I'll come back later today and remove it.

I appreciate that you have information that you value, but linking to sites that require payment or membership to see the content isn't allowed.
    Nope it is not required, at least was not supposed to be. Sorry for the confusion. I believe it is fixed. Not quite sure how it defaulted to that but it did. I removed the membership requirement there. Thanks for waiting.

One of the other things that I love about their themes is that their forum is an active community of users and developers that help each other and offer real solutions for any remaining questions. The replies from the community are right on and often within minutes of posting questions. There are also tutorials available.
    Last edited by WildAmbitions; April 19th, 2010 at 07:35 PM.

Nice theme. Thanks Gary.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

I'm not sure the name of mine but it is a business-related blog. Boreing but somewhat professional looking.

@WildAmbitions: thanks for the link of iThemes.

Quote Originally Posted by betty10 View Post
    @WildAmbitions: thanks for the link of iThemes.
    No problem, You will love it. I know that I do.

Wordpress theme affiliate program
    Hey all,

I see a lot of interest here for wordpress themes. I'm in the process of trying to improve the affiliate program for my company Pagelines.com, which makes wordpress themes. I understand the value of affiliate networks / managers, but not really sure on which direction is best to promote affiliate growth.

1) Is it necessary to be part of a network to increase program exposure?

2) Aside from this step, which would create better tracking for our affiliates how can I find niche affiliate groups to promote the program too?

It really does seem that once you're recognized by a niche group as a good program, affiliates really latch on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast