The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I was looking through it, after all I am agreeing to it, so I should read it and I saw this....
    Google shall not be liable for any payment based on... (d) Google advertisements for its own products and/or services;

So google can advertise its own products and services such as froogle and not pay you. This doesn't seem fair. Well that is all I have read so far.

Back to more reading.

Mike

Same here. I was looking though it. and sure we don't get paid for froogle. But you know google needs to make money somehow. Actually I was checking out the new web search and it looks very cool, I believe this will help my earnings even more. more professional web search and it's actually goes better with my site all together especially when my customers mainly use google site search anyway about 50% of the time. They find everything quicker with it. okay enough for me gotta get back to work and get ready for the Christmas Shopping Season.. Talk later.

ABW Ambassador
    How about this:

"Multiple accounts held by the same individual or entity are subject to immediate termination unless expressly authorized in writing by Google (including by electronic mail)."

I don't see any problem with it ....

one account should be enough... why would you need more then 1 account anyway

Jason,

Google has to make money somehow??? You know we get a only a portion paid to google for the adsense clicks. To say, that they just take our clicks and return nothing just isn't fair. The search engine thing I'll check out in a while.

Bob, the clause has been in there since the begining, doesn't bother me, since you can use channels to distinguish which site the click comes from it doesn't matter to me. Besides once one site of yours is accepted, you can put adsense on any site you own.

Mike

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jasonco12:
    why would you need more then 1 account anyway <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You're only allowed 20 channels per account.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

having one account makes it much easier for them to terminate yours.

ABW Ambassador
    I wish they'd write in simple English.

What do they mean by this?
    QUOTE]
    If You have elected to receive content-based Ads, You further agree not to display on any Results Page any non-Google content-targeted advertisement(s)[ [/QUOTE]

Is that an exclusive clause meaning we cannot use cj, linkshare, sas text ads etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If You have elected to receive Search Results, this payment will be offset by fees applicable to Search Results <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I don't understand. What fees do they mean? I don't want to end up in debt to google for displaying their ads?

I wish these terms could be in simple english that we can understand.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You're only allowed 20 channels per account. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Not anymore. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>More channels! You can now create up to 50 active channels for each of AdSense and WebSearch, for a total of 100 channels across your site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry about it woman, cj, linkshare, et al are not content based ads, since they don't change depending upon what your pantent you have. They are hard coded.

Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks moo.

You agree that while You may display more than one (1) Ad Unit on each Site Web page, no Ad Unit shall contain any advertisement in common with any other Ad Unit

What do you guys think about this? The way I understand it, I can have Adsense on top, in the middle and at the bottom of my site. Am I correct?
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

@snib - looks like it, and a significant change form 1 ad unit per page as before.

However, you need to bear in mind that they won't show the same ad twice, so you might get top 3 matches up top, the last 2 matches in the middle, and nothing in the last ad unit (or a PSA). Basically, the more ads you display, the further down the relevancy tree you slide.

Very good point CrazyGuy, so ad placement is still very important. Can't just scatter your pages.

Are there any rules against removing the Google logo from the search box HTML code? It conflicts with my background color so I'd like to remove it.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    "Are there any rules against removing the Google logo from the search box HTML code? It conflicts with my background color so I'd like to remove it"......
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You agree that while You may display more than one (1) Ad Unit on each Site Web page, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this could be tricky. the last time they made a change this subject showed up, but they said the mechanisms weren't in place for it yet, so don't do it (then).

I haven't digested the whole package yet. You always have to go to two or three places at their site to get the whole rules/regs.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    "Are there any rules against removing the Google logo from the search box HTML code? It conflicts with my background color so I'd like to remove it."

Yes, there is a rule preventing this without expressed permission.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Hey, can anyone show me an example of the new search feature? I would like to test it out. TIA!

I'm using it at K9 Calendars & Gifts Look at it in the middle of the page.

Mike

hey thanks moo!

So, listings being all paid is true! haha

So it looks like you created a simple HTML as your header and google searches your site and displays ads based ont eh search, whether it found content from your website or note. I see.

Thanks a million!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    There are also FREE listings in the "www" results that I see on Ojmoo's results page, underneath a section of paid ads.

No Way am I having a page of free, nonreciprocal outgoing links (or a box that will lead to a page of them) on my sites!

No tracky no linky...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Hey Leader, I see free listings too but those are Moo's own results. The search was targetted for his own domain. I assume if you set this up through your account, you would be able to display only your results. I think Google is selling a seach feature for your own website.

Can this feature be adjusted to show free WWW results?

Interesting.

Well here's the deal, originally I had the same thing up looking almost exactly as that did so people could search my site more easily. (I now have 10,000 dog themed gifts, kinda unwieldly. Now if they click on the adsense ads I get money. Better than them just getting it for free.

The code itself is generated by google, I didn't add any header. Although I did change the background to orange instead of white.

Mike

hey moo,

Do you get specific reporting on this new search? Has it effected your normal adsense? Is it taking users away or not from yoru normal $? TIA, PM on its way!

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread