Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Affiliate Summit TV commercial
    Affiliate Summit has a TV commercial that will be running any day now through April 30.

It's intended to introduce more people to affiliate marketing, and encourage them to register before early bird rates end.

You can see it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6moRXW2bjcw
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Sweet. The commercial looks good and answers a "problem." Good luck with the promo.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

The video captures the possibilities and opportunities that exist in affiliate marketing. My favorite part of the ad is the good looking blonde jumping up & down -- the female psyche wants to be like her

If I had created the ad I would have left out the "foreclosure portion" but considering the total effect of the ad: affiliate marketing comes across as a very positive potential in an uncertain world [the incidents at the beginning paint an uncertain world that needs a glimmer of business hope].
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    I like it, got the point across good and didn't look like one of those "Get Rich" scams.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Well done and looks good, but not so sure it still doesn't look like a get rich quick thing. I think anytime you tell people make money from home they have doubts. Affiliate marketing is still a foreign term to many many people.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Looks great but there are a few things missing. Phone numbers are key to TV advertising, even though call centers can be expensive. Also, it says for Early Bird Rate. You may want to change it to for the early bird rate or for early bird rates. You may want to also include a term like discount, sale, etc...

Looks good though. =0)
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    congrats on your commercial Shawn, I hope it brings in some new attendees for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshiner View Post
    Affiliate marketing is still a foreign term to many many people.
    That's why we didn't focus on it, except for mentioning it in Affiliate Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerblader View Post
    Looks great but there are a few things missing. Phone numbers are key to TV advertising, even though call centers can be expensive. Also, it says for Early Bird Rate. You may want to change it to for the early bird rate or for early bird rates. You may want to also include a term like discount, sale, etc...
    I don't agree that phone is key - yes for small purchases, but a conference?

Also, the ads are running overnight, so we can't staff the phones ourselves, and I'm not comfortable having a call center handle the variety of questions we receive.

This ad is a test with a very short window, so we're going to stick with the elements as they are to see how they perform.

I would rather see Affiliate Summit focused on those who are already in the industry, rather than trying to cater to those who don't know the first thing about affiliate marketing. How much would someone who doesn't know anything about affiliate marketing be able to get out of Affiliate Summit? I suspect that it would just attract people looking for ways to get rich quick. JMHO.

Still, it's nice to see industry ads in the mainstream media. Shows that the industry is maturing.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I would rather see Affiliate Summit focused on those who are already in the industry, rather than trying to cater to those who don't know the first thing about affiliate marketing.
    We're focusing on that plenty, but would love to make a bigger tent for the industry, whether it be through introducing folks to the conference itself, our magazine, book, podcasts, etc.

Maybe one of the commercial viewers will be the person to make that millionth post here.

Shawn, did you make a recent closed captions upgrade to the Affiliate Summit ad/video? Even if the cc is not a perfect transcription the fact that cc is available on the video makes me very happy because I am hard of hearing.

I admire the fact that this video urges people to meet with other people in the industry. Michael Coley said, "I would rather see Affiliate Summit focused on those who are already in the industry ..." but the juxtaposition of the two enforces the idea of the new beginnings, the new potential of affiliate marketing when done the right way, and Shawn is emphasizing this subliminal idea of new beginnings within a very constrained format due to the short length of time allowed to the ad.

Unlike misleading infomercials on late night television promising you millions in real estate with no money down, the Affiliate Summit commercial is stressing results from work done the right way. People will have a chance to do well in this industry via the summit [i.e. a real learning experience] by meeting those already successful in the industry such as a meeting with representatives from Amazon, Facebook, Ebay, etc...

I like the video. Thanks for experimenting with the closed captions
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Hi Rhia -

Are you talking about the commercial on TV or the YouTube version? If the TV version, I didn't see any option within Google TV to add cc info.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins View Post
    I don't agree that phone is key - yes for small purchases, but a conference?
    100% for conferences. Think about all of the seminars, etc... you hear on the radio or see on TV. I have seen the ratios on phone vs. online and when done correctly Phone will produce more leads and sign ups. You can also cross promote and upsell on the calls much easier. You may want to look into fonts and colors on the url you are showing.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerblader View Post
    100% for conferences. Think about all of the seminars, etc... you hear on the radio or see on TV. I have seen the ratios on phone vs. online and when done correctly Phone will produce more leads and sign ups. You can also cross promote and upsell on the calls much easier. You may want to look into fonts and colors on the url you are showing.
    You've seen TV data specific to conferences?

Also, I'd contend that people with a proclivity to work online are far more likely to respond online than by phone.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Shawn,

Well done on the commercial.

No doubt, this is NOT the final version of what we will be seeing in years to come. You will learn some things from tweaking it, running it again, etc. Different networks will perform differently, as will different time slots.

Ultimately, TV marketing is just like online marketing, you try something, test it, tweak it, try again, and keep learning.

I do have to say that it indeed does show the industry is maturing and I love this quote from you Shawn:

Maybe one of the commercial viewers will be the person to make that millionth post here.
    Side Note: The guy in his suit on his couch made me laugh...nothing says "work from home" like a three-piece suit.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins View Post
    Hi Rhia -

Are you talking about the commercial on TV or the YouTube version?
    Initially the YouTube version did not have a cc option but last night I noticed it on the YouTube version -- nice
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread