Since the new terms say we can now use multiple blocks of ads per page, I thought I'd give it a try. Problem is Google displays the same ads on both blocks. Another stipulation on the terms was that all blocks need to display different ads. While I can't control this, shouldn't Google be responsible for filling the new blocks with different ads?

Program Policies:

"Multiple ad units may be displayed on each Web site page, but no ad unit shall contain any advertisement in common with any other ad unit."

How can I ensure both blocks display different ads? The only thing I can think of is to use smaller blocks, but I'm seeing duplicates when only one ad shows up in both blocks. I'd expect the second block to at least fall back to a PSA if Google can't find more ads.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

One of the things they've promulgated that doesn't make sense. yet. this question came up with the previous incarnation, but they said don't do it yet, then.

I'm wondering if you can have a regular block of their ads and the search box on the same page. Maybe they said something in their rules but I may have missed it when I fell asleep reading them for the first time.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What low-level m*nager came up with those Terms. That's just the kind of yes-and-no, no-real-approval quandries LLMs are prone to coming up with.

In any case, the translation of such stuff is: "NO, you really can't do it, but we don't want to listen to the complaints so we'll make it sound like Yes. However, the environment required for a 'Yes' condition will never come up--so it's really NO!"
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I think my days of using AdSense on my sites is about over. My AdSense clicks have dropped about 60% in the last month.

One, I think the general public is catching on that those are links outside of the site they are in. Two, I do wonder if search engines, like Yahoo, are penalizing me. If not, I would not doubt that they soon will.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

7-days, wierd I have google adsense and I"m doing very well. Yahoo is doing great too. Anyway I don't believe you can have 2 ads because they show the same content.

http and a telephoto
    If Yahoo and MSN choose to penalize sites that are running AdSense that would affect a heck of a lot of content sites in addition to affiliate sites. There are major sites that are using AdSense that I would expect to show up in searches. It would only hurt the search engines excluding the sites.

For example, if they excluded sites using adsense, there would be pretty much no results if you searched on phpNuke.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I must be just be having a bad month. I should point out that I only put adsense ads on pages that did not previously convert. Anything I get from them is really a bonus and I will keep them up afterall.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

well, at least you can have the search box and an ad patch on the same page. i finally finished reading the whole thing(s).

It is too huge for any search engine to block adsense pages from being listed. Its like saying that any page that uses the word "the" won't be listed in google anymore.
    Ron try changing the placement of the ads a little bit that has worked wonders for me
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

If Yahoo and MSN choose to penalize sites that are running AdSense
    -------------------
    loxly

That won't happen, they'll just do something like Ask-Jeeves is doing by rendering results in frames. Your Adsense is replaced with their ads.

Check it out at ASK. Search and click on one of your listed pages that contains Adsense.

Indy

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread