Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Second Life Launches with Google Affiliate Network
    Program Highlights:

$5 Bounty on a premium paid membership
    Commission duration 30 Days
    The Second Life Affiliate Program is an easy and simple way to be rewarded by associating your Web site with ours. When you place a Second Life banner with a link on your Web site, you have the opportunity to make money. When a visitor clicks a Second Life link on your Web site and becomes a premium member of Second Life, you earn a $5 (USD) commission. (Note: this is a one-time payment for first-time premium members only. Other actions represent free registrations and there is no associated commission.)

What is Second Life?
    Second Life is an online virtual world imagined and created by its Residents.

What is the Premium Membership?
    Premium membership allows users the option to acquire land or offers a move-in ready virtual Linden Home to connect with friends in Second Life.

Join the SecondLife affiliate program

Anyone else promoting second life? A friend of mine does, earn $3k and got banned for "violating" policies. I want to ask others' experience before appealing.

I'll tell more detail to those who are interested and have "credibility" (like mod).

Let's just say through tons of experiments we found something that "work" for second life. And looks like second life could use people like us:

In May 2009 concurrent users averaged about 62,000.[15] As of May 2010 concurrent users averaged about 54,000.[16] The perceived decline in median concurrent users over this time correlates precisely with new policies implemented by Linden Lab reducing the number of bots and campers.[17]
    Also: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...6/daily72.html

If second life want to pay us based on how long users stay or other reasonable measure of quality sign up, we'll play along.

30k new sign ups per month is easy but I need to know I'll get paid and not banned over something vague like "violating policies". GAN could at least ask Linden first for quality of sign ups.
    Last edited by pluver; May 22nd, 2012 at 11:41 PM.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    There comes a point where you need to talk directly to the company and cut out the middle man. Everything is negotiable including network terms if you are above board.

That guy is my partner. I got a stake in this business. My own adsense account has been banned 5 years ago for arbitrage. I asked google several time, is it okay, and the answer is always yes, and then ban. With adsense, there is virtually no reversal.

We want to know whether our sign up quality is acceptable and got no answer.

The bottom line is good. Sign up is legitimate, we don't skim that. We definitely tripwire some alarm.

Any chance the issue is things like lack of privacy policies?

I mean $3k is a lot of money and technically anything can go wrong. Another we're concerned is country. Second life claimed that they accept sign ups from all countries. Latter we learn that they don't accept china. Traffic is not chinese of course. But that's something we don't learn by asking.

So it's possible that sign ups come from countries with slow internet connection. Even that is unlikely.

I guess I'll tell my friend to just be bold. We can bring $30k per month as long as we got good feedback about sign up quality and some assurance that we will get paid. Any other issues can be "solved".

We emailed the merchant with no answer. It's as if they suspected we're so bad it's not even worth their time answering. Maybe they think our fraud schemes is to actually send legitimate high quality sign up. Or what?

Also it seems that GAN is the one that's having issue. Secondlife will just end relationship. Secondlife doesn't. GAN did. I wish I can work with secondlife straight if issues with GAN is not resolved. I just don't have channel.
    Last edited by pluver; May 28th, 2012 at 09:16 AM.

I wonder how this is working for Second Life. We have a new MMO game with our own Affiliate program that we're thinking about taking to a network like GAN or LinkShare.

Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; June 21st, 2012 at 05:53 PM.

Hey Danny. Minnesota eh? Me too. Brainerd Area. Do you know my old buddy Tim Kruse? He lived in Zimmerman the last I knew...

Hey there! I'm not familiar with the name. - Getting old, though. I don't frequent the local watering holes around town anymore....Well, once in awhile. I might know him if I saw him.

That's great your doing the business from weekenders paradise up there. I get to enjoy driving to Minnetonka. Fortunately, the years of service have granted me 2 days of telecommuting. As I am enjoying today.

It's probably in bad taste I posted in the Gan forum with my sig. (didn't really intend to do that). I'm dannykautt on all the IM's, and FB if you want to chat further. We are an option for games and might be interested. Always good to network with others in the state. Have you any affiliate marketing groups meeting up there?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Took your signature out, thanks for mentioning.

@Danny - I hit you up on Facebook. Skype didn't work.

Sounds good. I think I confirmed the request. I was a bit behind in there. Skype ID is dannyk70.

Thanks man.
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

Wait a minute $5 for someone signing up for premium. Does that mean we can measure quality of sign up based on whether we got those $5 or not?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread