Affiliate Manager
    Does it make sense to have more than 1 affiliate program?
    As a merchant in Gift Baskets space we currently have a program with ShareAsale which has some successes, but slow.

I am curious whether it makes sense for us to start a new program with Google, CJ or others.
    Any suggestions?

15 years and counting
    One network is enough. The other ones will cost you much more money for hypothetic results and you'll have tracking problems. You should spend your time and money to improve your visibility and your conversion.
    Your figures don't look good. 7 Day EPC ($0.69) 100% Reversal Rate past 45 days.
    With an ad at ABW, you'll have the possibility to explain what's great about selling gift baskets and convince affiliates to join your program.

ABW Ambassador
    100% reversal rate?

Perhaps that should be addressed before adding a new network

Affiliate Manager
    Reversal rate
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    100% reversal rate?

Perhaps that should be addressed before adding a new network
    The reversal rate was for 3 transactions past month that were all from the same client who did not send the payment for the order.
    So all 3 were reversed.

We pay affiliates even for orders paid by check or western union, so we track each and every order even if the payment fails.

How would you address that?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by giftbasketsoverseas View Post
    The reversal rate was for 3 transactions past month that were all from the same client who did not send the payment for the order.
    So all 3 were reversed.

We pay affiliates even for orders paid by check or western union, so we track each and every order even if the payment fails.

How would you address that?
    100% reversal rate just looks really bad.

So you only had 3 sales? and all of them were reversed?

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Julian,

This is a new affiliate program, started pushing it now.
    Just 2 weeks ago we had 3 sales on 1 day, all were reversed.

Prior to that we had 10 sales, none reversed.
    100% was shown for 30 day trend.
    Most sales were from coupon sites.

We are now adding a datafeed, hope this helps to move the needle.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by giftbasketsoverseas View Post
    As a merchant in Gift Baskets space we currently have a program with ShareAsale which has some successes, but slow.

I am curious whether it makes sense for us to start a new program with Google, CJ or others.
    Any suggestions?
    Are you disappointed with the success you have had with Shareasale?

Do you think that you would get better results from CJ or Google?

15 years and counting
    I like your products, giftbasketsoverseas. And the international delivery of your baskets is a big plus. You have to convince potential affiliates that they can make money with your vertical. You can be successful with Shareasale. Some merchants in the SAS Top 100 PowerRank are paying up to $200K in commissions to their affiliates. That's a lot of sales in a month.

ABW Ambassador
    If you want some better results, try paying for an ad on ABW, get your program noticed by some of the top affiliates.

There are some really big affiliates that use this forum. If you have a good program, they will promote you.

Based on what you're saying, here is a little tough love. It's not the network, its the site/program.

If you are not getting much traffic promote the program to get more affiliates. If you are getting traffic and it's not converting at a reasonable rate, changing networks won't change that fact. Spend some time trying some a/b testing on your home page, ask for a review of your site for free on ABW. Grab an OPM, many offer free advice and some a reasonable consultation fee, and ask for an hour of their time talking about how you can improve your conversions.

It's your site and your business, sometimes you're too close to see the glaring deficiencies in the site that are making it difficult to succeed. Ask for help, it's a sign of great leadership and shows affiliates that you truly want your program to be successful.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Zeus,

Thank you for your feedback and encouraging words.
    We do well, especially with corporate segment. Many international corporations purchase from us for Christmas and other big holidays and of course personal gift senders who have friends or relatives overseas do as well.

So we are successful with 400% annual growth. I just need to learn to speak language "affiliates understand" to pitch the program.

I certainly appreciate all the suggestions form you and other people on this forum

Regards,

David

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hi David,
    Just wanted to pop in here and offer some assistance, please feel free to contact me if you want to discuss your program...I think the international angle really is a great benefit. And definitely, taking an ad out on ABestWeb and participating in thoughtful discussions will be a boon not just in terms of visibility, but also in terms of knowledge.

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss your program!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Affiliate Manager
    Knight01,

Great suggestions: most certainly we can use some help with conversions.
    We have a good flow of returned happy customers after 3 years of service, traffic also grows fast. However optimization for conversion is certainly an art, I am yet to get into...

Regards,

David

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale View Post
    Hi David,
    Just wanted to pop in here and offer some assistance, please feel free to contact me if you want to discuss your program...I think the international angle really is a great benefit. And definitely, taking an ad out on ABestWeb and participating in thoughtful discussions will be a boon not just in terms of visibility, but also in terms of knowledge.

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss your program!
    Hi Carolyn,

I actually sent you an email yesterday - would like to schedule a phone call with you to discuss.

Thanks,

David

http and a telephoto
    They did a new program announcement:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132039
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager Resume Companion's Avatar
    I took a quick look at your site - I did notice that you have a "call to order" with a 1800 number. Do you also provide phone tracking for affiliates? That might be a concern to some...

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Resume Companion View Post
    I took a quick look at your site - I did notice that you have a "call to order" with a 1800 number. Do you also provide phone tracking for affiliates? That might be a concern to some...
    We have call tracking enabled with a special code in the footer

That must be a ABW Record, It only took two years to reply to his question!! Anyway David ABW is a great place for both Affiliate and Affiate Managers I hope you stick around.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Affiliate Manager
    Better later than never: took a while to learn all of the important points. Thanks to ABW!

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread