Looks great huh?
    Well, actually it kind of bums me off.
    I had quiet period and all these checks cost me about the same amount or over 50% to cash them.
    For you American guys these have a value of a little over $700, if I cash them there will be a little under $200 left for me.

Some of these are from merchants I specificaly asked before not to send me small checks, and some never replied to questions or emails about returning and holding them till a larger amount is urned.
    Guess I will have to stick with CJ and SAS merchants only (consolidated checks) and drop the ones who send their own checks.
    Bummer, some of them are doing well at certain periods...

It still amazes me that it is still not possible to just drop the amount of money on my banking account, while my bank tells me it's very good possible to that from the US, the US merchants all say it can't be done.

Pff, just had to write it of a little, and maybe I get a reply from some other Dutchie who know a bank that doesn't charge 35 Euro regardless of the size of the check

ABW Ambassador
    At the request of some BDS offshore affiliates we pay them via paypal.

There should be some friend here at ABW who would deposit those checks in the U.S. and tranfer the money to you via paypal.

Just a thought.

Have you thought of opening up a bank account in the US?

There are several that operate online - thebancorp.com being one of them.

Setting up the account can be a bit involved but once it is set up all you have to do with those small cheques is post them to the bank and the deposit them into your account.

You can leave the money in your account till the exchange rate improves or withdraw it whenever you want via an ATM using the debit card they will supply.

We face the same problem although the exchange rate makes it a bit sweeter for us and we can claim all those bank fees as a tax deduction.

Stuart

Remy,

nice to see a fellow dutchie here
    I had the exact same problem as you have, you should open a checking account with "de postbank", they'll charge just 12,30 euro's for checks up to $5000 =)

[edit] Here's the link: http://www.postbank.nl/ing/pp/page/p...180736,00.html [/edit]

Another dutchie

Overhere in Thailand we can't cash a check below 100 USD (above that 40 USD will be fees to cash one...)
    Its a real pain with befree, a large network.... They easily can make a software change in the program they run where you could set a treshhold yourself, saving both me and them money.
    Fortunalty with some indy's you can sent back the checks (i always keep them for a year) to get a re-issue, something what even with befree merchants (the ones iam affiliated with) is no option.

those checks are ready for the shredder, if they are below 100 USD....

Peter

Patriot Act makes it impossible for a foreign person to open a personal bank account in states. Visit HSBC bank in your country and ask them how much are the fees for these cheques. There's a good chance they'll charge you way less.

ABW Ambassador
    This is not a solicitation, but why not partner with someone in the states? I have more partners than not on affiliate sites. It works well if you can find people you trust.

Chet

Check Citibank to see if they offer US dollar savings accounts in Holland...if so, it costs nothing to pay the cheques in.

Why are so many foreign affiliates promoting US merchants? Do foreign merchants not have affiliate programs? Seems like there would be a great opportunity to get something going there.

ABW Ambassador
    >Why are so many foreign affiliates promoting US merchants? Do foreign merchants not have affiliate programs? Seems like there would be a great opportunity to get something going there.

The majority of U.S. surfers have credit cards and will use them. It is a BIG market.

ADDED FOR REFERENCE

The person in the U.S. who accepts the checks and deposits them and forwards the money back to a foreign country may still be seen as liable for U.S. income tax. Depends on if Uncle Sam is looking at his account. Maybe.

ABW Ambassador
    Herb, it is a business partnership like any other (with a little bit of a twist). You report the income, and you report the money going out.

Chet

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Have you tried banking the cheque directly into a credit card?

I used to do that and got zero fees.

Thanks for all the replies guys, especially the one about the postbank
    I will use them, for now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    This is not a solicitation, but why not partner with someone in the states? I have more partners than not on affiliate sites. It works well if you can find people you trust.

Chet <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a simple one, I don't know anyone overthere.
    Well, at least not by their real names :P

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jane:
    Why are so many foreign affiliates promoting US merchants? Do foreign merchants not have affiliate programs? Seems like there would be a great opportunity to get something going there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The internet is a global thing.
    I could just do Dutch merchants, but then my market would be less then 3% of what I got now
    And most of my visitors are from the US.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread